Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   Northwest WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f104/)
-   -   Washington to Portland drive for Oregon Trail Rally (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f104/washington-portland-drive-oregon-trail-rally-26026/)

WazzuWRX 04-26-2009 10:51 PM

Washington to Portland drive for Oregon Trail Rally

Who in Washington is down to meet up May 16th in the AM, then we all drive down to Portland for the Oregon Trail Rally? If it is anything like the Olympus Rally, it will be a lot of fun. I'll probably be getting a room in Portland so then we can go out Saturday night or something. Let me know...

newtothegame 04-26-2009 10:53 PM

Hey Im up for it, just got to run it past the girlfriend of course. Im sure she will be down with it if she can get the time off work, and probably find a babysitter for her daughter. I will let you know once I find out from her.

Chase 04-27-2009 01:49 AM

When and where? If you wanted to stop and meet in Vancouver (about 5 minutes north of portland) I'd head the rest of the way with you.

WazzuWRX 04-27-2009 07:11 PM

we can stop and meet you on our way down

nagyhead 04-27-2009 09:12 PM

i might be able to go, I am on vaction from work that week. I will let you know in a week or so.

WazzuWRX 05-04-2009 05:46 PM

So I'm thinking of going down pretty early saturday morning (the 16th). Let plan a meeting spot and get this lined up. I will be getting a room for Sat night, I'm down to split with someone if need be.

newtothegame 05-04-2009 08:58 PM

Keep me posted. I will probably need a room of my own for my GF and her daughter, not sure yet.

nagyhead 05-04-2009 09:19 PM

sorry guys I'm out. I wish i could go, i had fun at the Olympus rally. I have a ton of shit going on that weekend and i cant reschedule any of it. I am getting a retune from Dom on that Friday as well, i 'm adding a cat into my exhaust to get my car ready for an inspection in PA. I cant stand the stink any more anyway. Josh, you saw how it was turning my paint yellow!

WazzuWRX 05-04-2009 09:52 PM

Sorry to hear you can't make it Nagy. Good luck with the Retune.

Hope you can make it Josh. Looks like it will be a good one.

newtothegame 05-04-2009 11:14 PM

[quote=nagyhead;221593]sorry guys I'm out. I wish i could go, i had fun at the Olympus rally. I have a ton of shit going on that weekend and i cant reschedule any of it. I am getting a retune from Dom on that Friday as well, i 'm adding a cat into my exhaust to get my car ready for an inspection in PA. I cant stand the stink any more anyway. Josh, you saw how it was turning my paint yellow![/quote]

Mike best of luck with your tune. Car sounds mean, but Im sure the cat will help with the bumper. BTW Dom ordered the GP Moto twin tip, said it SHOULD only be a week. So just waiting to hear back from him.

[quote=WazzuWRX;221595]Sorry to hear you can't make it Nagy. Good luck with the Retune.

Hope you can make it Josh. Looks like it will be a good one.[/quote]

Im keeping my fingers crossed. Finally mailing in my AP, it wont do a damn thing for me. Its all covered under warranty, just have to pay the shipping. I will keep you updated on my situation.

Chase 05-04-2009 11:30 PM

Sorry I can't meet you Nagy, I've been wanting to for a while. My wife and I are planning on going if I'm done with my car's facelift by then, I know it's stupid but I don't want to be seen at any subie events until it's done because it's uglier than sin right now, and I have no idea if it will be in 2 weeks. I'll let you know in a week so you have time to prepare. I appreciate the offer though.

WazzuWRX 05-05-2009 02:29 PM

What are you doing for the facelift Chase? Hope you can make it by then.

newtothegame 05-05-2009 09:23 PM

Chase when/if you see my car, I doubt you will feel so bad about yours. Dents, key marks, my car needs a much needed paint job, but it still runs good, lol.

Chase 05-05-2009 10:52 PM

I recleared my hood and trunk to make it actually look like carbon fiber again. It was so oxidized it looked like I threw on a semi shiny primered black hood and trunk. Now I need to buff it out, since laquer dries a bit tacky and unsmooth. Also my headlights...well I'll post pics of them when they're finished. I've been working on them for 2 months and they still have the potential to be horribly wrong.

AkSoul 05-06-2009 02:33 PM

I'll be up on friday night for the walk through in Portland. Hood River is a decent haul from Portland i'm not sure i'll make that. Maybe I'll see some of you on the 15th.