Subaru WRX Forum banner

Im BAACCCKK

6K views 30 replies 15 participants last post by  nagyhead 
#1 ·
All you WA drivers watch out. Theres a silve 07 out and about again. I drove my baby for about 4 hrs straight last nite after getting off the plane. I got in from Iraq via McChord, got to my inlaws, showered, and was dressed in out the door. It was nice, it was like 4am no much traffic, just out cruising around and enjoying my baby again. I hope to be able to meet up with some of you local guys now, hit me up.

Joshua

#8 ·
Hey fellow WA driver :). Feels good to be behind the wheel of your subie after so long huh? You're going to have to go on the WA cruise with us, but I still have some kinks to iron out first. My car will be in the shop when my wife and I get back from vacation the second week of september, should be a few days only. It's getting a tune, a troubleshoot for a misfire, and a fix for my HUGE oil leak.

By the way, how long before you have to go back?

#9 ·
Everyone, thanks so much, for the help, the welcomes, the support, I really do appreciate it.

Mike (nagyhead), thanks for the offer, hopefully some things will be in the mail soon, I will keep you updated.

Chase, Sorry to hear you are still sorting out troubles with your car. I hope that you get it all ironed out soon, best of luck with it. When/where is the WA cruise? I have 7 straight days of "re-integration" clasess to attened (starting satruday morning), then like 10-14 days of leave after that. Would love to meet up with some fellow enthusiasts. As far as going back, anywhere from 18-20 months probably, but not sure if I will still be with the same unit.

As you all said and are wondering, you want a taste of heaven, I dare you to try and not drive your car for 15months (lol, joking). Those first few hours,the rumble, the acceleration, the feeling was awe inspiring in my book.

Thanks again guys.

#12 ·
We haven't set a date yet. I'm not a heavily motivated guy, so it may take some of the other Washingtonians( <---did I butcher that?) to get a date and route planned. I want to go, but I want my car running top notch before hand. I'll have it in the shop the second week of September.

#14 ·
I hear you Chase. I will keep my eyes upon for cruises and all. I hope you get your car running how you want it soon, Im sure its a bit frustrating. I start leave this friday and am completely off till the 14th of September.

Leo, thanks, and Im sorry about that. Im actually still on Iraq time, but I only get on here about once a day now, busy driving my car every chance I get, lol.

#18 ·
I have only been home for these several days and I have gone through now, my 5th tank of gas, oh well I have enjoyed it.

awd4life, she is happy to see me, now we can complete our divorce. And now I can have more money to spend on my subie.

#19 ·
#27 ·
looks like naggy and i are north. im willing to drive so it doesnt matter, u down newtothegame? gas is gettin cheap so lets take atvanage while we can. im payin 2.35 for premium at chevron. how about meeting at acme bowl by southcenter on sun around 11 am then make our way up to seattle and have lunch at DICKS on broadway for those who have never been there they got real cheap and good burgers. any other suggestions will work im down for whatever. what do ya guys say?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.