LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 32 Old 11-21-2008, 12:44 PM
WRXtuners Member

SuBeast is on thin ice
Garage
Send a message via AIM to SuBeast
Quote:
Originally Posted by WReXd View Post
umm... no they don't. I don't know where you've been shopping or if it has something to do with you being up north. I sold my old bugeye for 11.5k w/ 65k miles, and the one I have right now was 10.5k. It's typical to see them sell for that much or even less.
You sold your bugeye to someone at a good price than. I've normally just been looking on craigslist.... Look at this one I found whole looking......... To fast to furious huh?
WOW, look at the title to this AD, ridiculous....
2002 Subaru Impreza WRX,TURBO CHARGED, TO FAST TO FURIOUS, AFFORDABLE

Although, I haven't been looking for one for sale for a while now, I notice the late price drop.... I'm seeing alot more 02-03's in the 9k range, however those are mostly modded ones. I'm looking for a 02-03 stock wagon..... Interesting that the price has gone down.... Might have to go job hunting so I can afford one. I should go tell my buds at a dealership to start looking for 02-03 wrx's......

FAST
RELIABLE
CHEAP
Pick 2
2006 STi
1990 Civic time-attack project
1990 Toyota Hilux - daily
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 32 Old 11-22-2008, 03:40 AM
WRXtuners Member

LeohMit is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosc View Post
02wrxnfx, sucks to hear about the STi not being an STi. Like we said though, that price was absurdly low. I've seen 60k mile clean STi's with 25k on the sticker.

LeohMit...
Brakes: I mostly mention them because they are ascetically pleasing. People like brembo brakes, regardless of their stopping distance. Also, I've always said big brake kits were useless on STREET cars. If you intend to track it, the brembos are a great improvement over the WRX. Not many of us do that, it's true. Mine are definitely more for show. Is it a huge difference between the two? No. The big differences are the 6-speed tranny and the EJ257 motor along with a plethora of little things.
Springs: Why are lowering springs bad? You seem to have skipped that part. They're bad because the springs don't work well with the stock strut (shock). The STi does not have a stock WRX strut. It has different springs AND struts, both designed to work together unlike just sticking bouncier springs on a WRX strut.
Attitude: I'm not trying to deceive you. The only thing that smells fishy here is the smell of you stinking up the place with your unprovoked flame war.
Not try'n to start anything whith what was stated MOSC.. NO FLAMEWARS HERE! I was seriously just confused. & when going to lower springs, I asumed people were intelegent enough to look into struts @ the same time. SORRY for any Flamewar confusion!! BTW, your Brembos do look very nice.

Tim "That Thangs Got Turbo?"