Anyone up for Drag Racing? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 09-28-2010, 01:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

GT347 is an unknown
Anyone up for Drag Racing?

I am the Pres of the Car Club Challenge Assn Car Club Challenge Association - Promoting street legal drag racing to car clubs in the Pacific Northwest we are an assn of local Western WA car clubs that drag race against each other.

If anyone has interest in creating a WRX team please let me know. We have 5-6 races each season at Bremerton Raceway and 5-6 at Pacific Raceways. THis is for street cars.

Here is how it works, you form a team and each race the individual racer earns points for himself and for his team. Each race we give a 1st & 2nd place trophy and at the end of the season we have a CCCA BBQ at Bremerton and give trophies to the 1,2,3rd place racer at each track and also 1,2,3 places for Teams.

It really is a blast! Since it is bracket racing, it is NOT important how fast your car is, or isn't. Cut a good light and run close to your dial-in time and you can win.

The great thing about this is that it only coost $10 to race in the CCCA for the entire season (does not include the tracks charge) and you show up for whatever races that you want to show up for. There is no obligation to make any race, of course a team that does well usually has many racers show up.

The CCCA has been competing since 1999. If you have any questions you may either contact me via www.forddragteamcom or post on the Car Club web site.

This years champions was the Mopar Drag Team.

Kent Magruder
CCCA 2011 Pres.
Ford Drag Team Capt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-28-2010, 02:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
^^ Pickin on the little guys

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#3 Old 09-28-2010, 02:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
damn, too bad I'm not in the Pac NW...or I'd be in...just picked up some 04 STi goldies and some slicks

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#4 Old 09-28-2010, 03:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

GT347 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by pzr2874 View Post
^^ Pickin on the little guys
Absolutely not. We are trying to increase the number of teams that compete. Currently there are not any Import teams. There is a Camaro team, Ford Team, Mopar Team etc. While my 65 GT350 had the trans out I drove my Ford Expedition to the semi finals. Proof that it is driving ability, not speed (bracket racing). Trust me, the Expedition is a 17 second PIG! But, it earned me and our team points!

This is a huge WELCOME to WRX owners!
#5 Old 09-28-2010, 03:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

GT347 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by basco View Post
damn, too bad I'm not in the Pac NW...or I'd be in...just picked up some 04 STi goldies and some slicks
Yes that is too bad. In the CCCA you can run DOT tires (Drag radials are ok), but no slicks. Cars must be street legal
#6 Old 09-28-2010, 03:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
I haven't been to the track yet on this setup...but I hit mid high 10's on my last set up 150awhp ago...so I'm sure I could be low 10's high 9's

06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#7 Old 09-28-2010, 03:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

GT347 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by basco View Post
I haven't been to the track yet on this setup...but I hit mid high 10's on my last set up 150awhp ago...so I'm sure I could be low 10's high 9's
WOW! That is moving! That doesn't have a Ford engine init does it? Just Kidding!
That is one fast car ya got there!
#8 Old 09-28-2010, 04:33 PM
WRXtuners Member

haha nah...just a big turbo!...but my foxbody back home that I drove in HS is a built 302 on spray probably a low 12 high 11 car

06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#9 Old 09-28-2010, 11:28 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Yet another reason to miss WA. I would be down for this too if I were still stationed there.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#10 Old 09-29-2010, 01:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

GT347 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
Yet another reason to miss WA. I would be down for this too if I were still stationed there.
All you outta state guys are game, so where in the heck are all of you Washington WRX owners? Man things have changed over the years. When I got asked to drag race, I didn't have to be asked twice!
#11 Old 09-29-2010, 01:12 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
That opportunity wasnt there last year when I was still stationed there. And about 98% of the guys I hung out with werent into it. We were busy driving the mountains as often as possible.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#12 Old 09-29-2010, 03:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

GT347 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
That opportunity wasnt there last year when I was still stationed there. And about 98% of the guys I hung out with werent into it. We were busy driving the mountains as often as possible.
I think that you hit the nail on the head. It may be that drag racing isn't their bag.

Until ya line up against someone in the other lane, a person doesn't know the high that they are missing, especially when you win!