WTB: EJ22 Turbo Closed Deck Block - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 11-19-2007, 03:34 PM
Moderator
 
mosc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 6,442
Images: 7
mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
It made me tear up it's so pretty. Looks like you take good care of her too (minus the engine I guess HA!). God damn, nice car.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
mosc is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#17 Old 11-19-2007, 05:18 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
STi 22B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 26
STi 22B is an unknown
Send a message via Skype™ to STi 22B
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosc View Post
It made me tear up it's so pretty. Looks like you take good care of her too (minus the engine I guess HA!). God damn, nice car.
Your spot on the money there mosc, I take damn good care of her... she's my baby and she has only travelled 20,000miles...

I'm looking to build an engine, so I can do some hill climbing events and I don't want to destroy the original one...
STi 22B is offline  
#18 Old 11-19-2007, 05:23 PM
Administrator
 
awd4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 278
Images: 1
awd4life is an unknown
That is dedication to a car!!! Selling a house to buy it. What do you do for a living??? You should consider a career in sales if you were able to talk the wife into selling a house to buy a car. Good show mate, good show.
awd4life is offline  
#19 Old 11-20-2007, 02:01 AM
Moderator
 
mosc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 6,442
Images: 7
mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Have I said that car is pretty yet? Damn it's pretty. I keep pulling up that web link and starring at it. Can we have some pictures of the interior as well? I, um, am doing research. Yeah, that's it. Research.

I had forgotten how nice the sides were with that clean coupe sculpting. Has similar sides to a R34 skyline cept with a much better roofline (not that there's anything wrong with looking like a skyline). The spoilers are so clean as well. So purposeful. Man, you really can't beat that thing. Can we all just send emails to Subaru: "Dear Subaru. All your cars should look like THIS from now on and we will never drive anything else. Thank You"

ok, I'll stop kissing ass now, promise. Damn nice car.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
mosc is offline  
#20 Old 11-20-2007, 02:55 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
psinuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,003
psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Subar...ayphotohosting
Is this what you are looking for?

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
psinuse is offline  
#21 Old 11-21-2007, 07:56 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
STi 22B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 26
STi 22B is an unknown
Send a message via Skype™ to STi 22B
Quote:
Originally Posted by psinuse View Post
Yep... that's the 1...

I'd like to buy 1 from someone that might be able to check it out before we send it to Australia
STi 22B is offline  
#22 Old 11-21-2007, 10:27 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
jwtarbaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,344
Images: 11
jwtarbaj is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to jwtarbaj
The EJ22T sold in the US was a closed deck block complete with oil squirters. It does not have forged internals which is what seperates it from a 22B. If you wanted to get the strongest block in the US without importing one the EJ22T block is the one to use. Place in new internals and put your WRX heads on and you are ready to rock a 2.2L fully closed deck.

If you don't upgrade the pistons your compression ratio will be lower than stock also.

The 2.5L is a semi-closed deck so the EJ22T block is superior.

Here's some wiki info http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subaru_EJ_engine#EJ22T

Now there is obviously more to this swap, but don't sell the EJ22T short.

Here's the best place for EJ22T info http://bbs.legacycentral.org
jwtarbaj is offline  
#23 Old 11-28-2007, 03:28 AM
WRXtuners Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: California
Posts: 158
king723 is an unknown
i have been building my 2.2 block for awhile and when i have enough money for the turbo etc it will be in my wrx. I am basicly running an OEM 2.35 hybrid block using phase 1 2.5 rods and a 2.5 crank and a set of weisco pistons. My 2.0 liter heads will bolt right up and i can use my wrx wiring harness and ecu. I will have a write up on this when i am all finished. Oh and for the people that think the 2.5 block is the way to go... i have completed my 2.35 bulletproof block at 1,500. The next part will be better cams valves and springs.
(specs)
Stroke 79mm (phase 1 crank pre 1999)
Piston bore 97.5mm (Wiseco K602M975)
Rods 5.137" 130.48mm (Eagle CRS5137S3D)
WRX heads 49cc (link)
Headgasket 0.051" 1.295mm (Cometic C4263-051)


btw does anyone have a extra phase 1 crank forsale i want another one..?

Last edited by king723; 11-29-2007 at 03:06 AM.
king723 is offline  
#24 Old 12-02-2007, 07:44 AM
WRXtuners Member
 
STi 22B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 26
STi 22B is an unknown
Send a message via Skype™ to STi 22B
Quote:
Originally Posted by king723 View Post
i have been building my 2.2 block for awhile and when i have enough money for the turbo etc it will be in my wrx. I am basicly running an OEM 2.35 hybrid block using phase 1 2.5 rods and a 2.5 crank and a set of weisco pistons. My 2.0 liter heads will bolt right up and i can use my wrx wiring harness and ecu. I will have a write up on this when i am all finished. Oh and for the people that think the 2.5 block is the way to go... i have completed my 2.35 bulletproof block at 1,500. The next part will be better cams valves and springs.
(specs)
Stroke 79mm (phase 1 crank pre 1999)
Piston bore 97.5mm (Wiseco K602M975)
Rods 5.137" 130.48mm (Eagle CRS5137S3D)
WRX heads 49cc (link)
Headgasket 0.051" 1.295mm (Cometic C4263-051)


btw does anyone have a extra phase 1 crank forsale i want another one..?

G'day King... You engine sounds like the goods I wouldn't mind some updates from time 2 time
STi 22B is offline  
#25 Old 05-14-2008, 08:00 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
STi 22B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 26
STi 22B is an unknown
Send a message via Skype™ to STi 22B
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosc View Post
Have I said that car is pretty yet? Damn it's pretty. I keep pulling up that web link and starring at it. Can we have some pictures of the interior as well? I, um, am doing research. Yeah, that's it. Research.

I had forgotten how nice the sides were with that clean coupe sculpting. Has similar sides to a R34 skyline cept with a much better roofline (not that there's anything wrong with looking like a skyline). The spoilers are so clean as well. So purposeful. Man, you really can't beat that thing. Can we all just send emails to Subaru: "Dear Subaru. All your cars should look like THIS from now on and we will never drive anything else. Thank You"

ok, I'll stop kissing ass now, promise. Damn nice car.
G'Day mosc We had a little cruise the other day (about 60+ cars) and someone took this shoot of my car and I thought you might like it
Attached Images
 
STi 22B is offline  
#26 Old 05-14-2008, 08:49 PM
Moderator
 
mosc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 6,442
Images: 7
mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
lol, I'm flattered. Nice pic!

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
mosc is offline  
#27 Old 05-14-2008, 09:17 PM
Moderator
 
newtothegame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,493
Images: 4
newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
That is an awesome picture. Let alone a BADA$$ car.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
newtothegame is offline  
#28 Old 05-16-2008, 10:49 AM
WRXtuners Member
 
STi 22B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 26
STi 22B is an unknown
Send a message via Skype™ to STi 22B
I have a photo shoot tomorrow with 1 of the boyz in da club, he owns the only S201 that I know about in Australia. I'll put some pics up later
STi 22B is offline  
#29 Old 05-16-2008, 03:42 PM
Administrator
 
awd4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 278
Images: 1
awd4life is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by STi 22B View Post
I have a photo shoot tomorrow with 1 of the boyz in da club, he owns the only S201 that I know about in Australia. I'll put some pics up later
Yes Please!!!!!!!
awd4life is offline  
#30 Old 05-16-2008, 06:28 PM
Moderator
 
newtothegame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,493
Images: 4
newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
That would be so awesome. **Anxiously waiting**

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
newtothegame is offline  
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On