Subaru WRX Forum banner

whuch valves stock or aftermarket?

6K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  psinuse 
#1 ·
I bent the valves in my motor which is forged rods and pistons . Should I put stock valves in or aftermarket? Which are good should I get a valve job done on the head or anything while its apart?

#2 ·
Well to be honest I am running stock valves in my motor. Just upgraded springs to go with the cams I am running. I really don't see the need unless you are going crazy with power levels and cam sizes.
While you have it apart i'd at least get a 3 angle valve job done, get the valve guides replaced, check for warp and get them checked for cracks.

#4 ·
if your going to be sticking with stock springs and cams then stock are fine and like Keith said look into a 3 angle valve job, but if your going to upgrade the springs and cams you need to upgrade the valves as well, the increased force on the valves from the springs and cams is enough to cause the head of the valve to snap off the stem

#5 ·
I should also emphasize the fact that what worked for me, doesn't work for everyone. Yeah I upgraded the cams and springs, but to factory parts. That doesn't negate the fact that one day I might have a valve break, but if you were to go with say huge cams and unholy stiff springs then a set of Supertech intake and Incornel(sp?) exhaust would be the recommend choice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.