Subaru WRX Forum banner

Well it finally happened

12K views 76 replies 15 participants last post by  nick4592 
#1 ·
I just found that my #3 cylinder is running low pressure (110) on my REX....which is causing some issues....so I think I am finally going to get the 2.5L bottom end and start making some real power....My only question is does anyone know where I can get a STI block for fairly cheap?

#52 ·
Almost finished....it is amazing how many bumps one runs into when doing a engine swap...I found that my intake manifold gasket was bendt, my timing belt was getting worn, my clutch was F'ed and my flywheel had burnt spots all over it...but hopfully if all goes well I sound be tuned and ready for the track by Friday night

#53 ·
Well...the turbo still hasn't come in...hopefully it comes in tonight so I can put the damn thing on....but now I have to wait til MONDAY for a tune....mother:mad: ....but I'll post Stat's when it's all said and done

#54 ·
K...got the turbo and I am going to finish the build/tune this Wednesday...

A little side note....I found that my Ej20 is just fine without any flaws what so ever....I was getting unmetered air from a gap between my intake manifold and #4 cylinder....that is what was causing all my problems...so let that be a lesson kiddies...dont bend your gaskets :D

#55 ·
Update

Well...bullseye performance sucks at costumer service (they coulda had Colorado cornered) and the turbo they built for my WRX didn't fit...the inlet was off center....so I am going with a PE 1818 (thanks to Boostbuddy for bailing me out)....see how this works out...I hope to be back on the road in a week

#56 ·
Awesome, can't wait to hear how this works out for you. I started reading this thread and I was thinking "He apparently likes to autox... why not go for the 2.5L?" and you did, so that's cool.

On a side note... has anyone stroked the 2.5L?

#57 ·
JiveMasterT said:
Awesome, can't wait to hear how this works out for you. I started reading this thread and I was thinking "He apparently likes to autox... why not go for the 2.5L?" and you did, so that's cool.

On a side note... has anyone stroked the 2.5L?

A buddy of mine is talking about stroking his STI to 2.7L.....should be fun :)

#61 ·
:( No, he wouldn't give me any info on it.. I am trying to get the companys name that produced it.. He said they are not well known yet and are located in Cali.. He said he is putting a GT35R on it for some guy and that it should have vertually NO lag.. I really want one.. :poorme:

#65 ·
Another Bump

Well it would seem PE is out of the 1818's some how.....so I had to go with a bigger turbo...the PE 1820 (Boostbuddy with the quick fix and a better turbo)....poor poor me :)

#66 ·
Nice choice...

....a good source for the 2.5 block on the east coast is KINGOFPARTS-it's on this site or CLUBWRX-1550$including shipping. Just picked one up today-sittin' in my garage ready to go in AM. These guys are great and there attitude is outstanding, talk to Tristan-he knows his modded SUBIES...danielle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.