STi #4 ringlands blown! Time to build it! - Page 5 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 65 Old 03-14-2012, 12:24 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Hondafan is a helpful contributing member
I feel so absent from the forum. I cleaned the MAF, have checked the throttle sensors through the AP, and swapped the A/F sensor. I'm still getting the weird hesitation under light acceleration. I also checked for vacuum leaks, especially around the wastegate. About the same time the whole issue started, my power steering also got a little weak at idle. It is functioning otherwise, as long as I've given it some revs. I understandit could all be coincidence, but i hope they are related. I have also had a couple check engine lights (misfires on downshifts) that should be related to the flywheel. The CELs are very rare. I'm not sure what's left to test. I hope it's not coil packs, but the dealer told me they checked out fine. I'm hopimg maybe someone with more build experience can chime in or has some advice on whats to check next... Any thoughts?

Advertisement

post #62 of 65 Old 03-14-2012, 02:02 AM
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
I had that exact problem. I've not read through this threadi in some time. Did you replace the egt sensor, three one plugged into the down pipe? That caused me hesitation for two years.

355 awhp fp green six speed wagon in Corvette Atomic Orange
-Brandon
post #63 of 65 Old 03-14-2012, 11:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Either way, its great to see you back on the forums Brad. Sorry, I can't help out though.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
post #64 of 65 Old 08-30-2012, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Hondafan is a helpful contributing member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
I had that exact problem. I've not read through this threadi in some time. Did you replace the egt sensor, three one plugged into the down pipe? That caused me hesitation for two years.
When you're talking about the EGT in the down pipe, do you mean the A/F sensor? That's one that the dealer checked out and said was good too. I'm going the route of improving the grounds to see if that fixes it, then I'll go back to the sensors. I've read that the coil packs use the intake manifold ground that is upper driver-side. I've got plenty of spare 4 gauge wire that I used for stereo installs, and the crimp terminals to finish the ends. I'm thinking even if it gives me NO fix to the hesitation, I'll at least have done something simple that will narrow out buying another $75 sensor that might not solve it. I threw money at the front A/F sensor thinking it would for sure be it, and that turned out to be a waste - no fix. I hope I can come back to this forum and report that I've solved the problem.

If I knew what to tap into to check continuity and resistance, I'd do some checks on certain points and sensors before and after. I don't know, so I'm going to us the old butt dyno. If that doesn't make a difference, I'll reset the ECU, give it a week to re-learn, and then go again on the butt dyno before going on to sensors.

post #65 of 65 Old 08-30-2012, 03:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Good luck with getting Brandon to respond, he's been absent more than you in the past year... Haha.
This is the first time reading your thread, weird how I always seem to miss these builds.
Anyway Brad, I hope you resolve the issue sooner than later. 75 dollar parts add up quick.

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement