So...I must admit my guilt - Page 11 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#151 Old 01-23-2012, 09:16 AM
WRXtuners Member

BoostinChick is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Ha, I know Brent. Used to work for JMFab, right? And on my Evo MR, the Synapse BOV is garbage. It flutters and makes the car jerk like crazy (The Evo is daily driven). I am throwing the stock Evo BOV back on and selling the Synapse. The stock Evo BOV's are rated up to 30psi. If I need to upgrade I am going TiAL.

- Sandra
2007 WRX TR | Stage 2 | PAR Gearset (Built by AndrewTech)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#152 Old 01-23-2012, 09:58 AM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Synapse's Youtube videos that they use to "advertise" them to say they are surge proof are fakes. Years ago someone posted a video of their 35R setup on NASIOC showing surging on low (light cruising) boost levels, which is completely expected to happen on the Tial that he had that was set up for 30 lbs of boost. Synapse took his videos and sound edited them and claimed that their product was on the car and that it works, when in reality their scam products were never on it.

I've been calling them out on this for years and they have nothing to say about it.
#153 Old 01-23-2012, 10:30 AM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
Synapse's Youtube videos that they use to "advertise" them to say they are surge proof are fakes. Years ago someone posted a video of their 35R setup on NASIOC showing surging on low (light cruising) boost levels, which is completely expected to happen on the Tial that he had that was set up for 30 lbs of boost. Synapse took his videos and sound edited them and claimed that their product was on the car and that it works, when in reality their scam products were never on it.

I've been calling them out on this for years and they have nothing to say about it.
^ This

My boyfriend ended up following them on Twitter and having the same exact complaint (surges at low boost...which is really annoying especially if you are doing a lane change), and one of the "engineers" e-mailed him and gave him a few suggestions. The way the diaphragm is set up, you can flip it. They have suggested we flip it the other way and even remove one of the vac ports (B, I think?), still the same issue. The car literally bucks at cruising speeds. We have tried everything, back the adjustment all the way out, in, no change. Maybe it will be different on a 2.5L flat 4? Anyway, lots of luck!

- Sandra
#154 Old 01-23-2012, 10:32 AM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostinChick View Post
Ha, I know Brent. Used to work for JMFab, right? And on my Evo MR, the Synapse BOV is garbage. It flutters and makes the car jerk like crazy (The Evo is daily driven). I am throwing the stock Evo BOV back on and selling the Synapse. The stock Evo BOV's are rated up to 30psi. If I need to upgrade I am going TiAL.
Yep, he used to work at JMFab. Ah ha...I don't even think Synapse makes a BOV for my MY. So, I'm probably going to suggest a TiAL. Thanks Sandra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brfatal View Post

Again, thanks Justin. It looks like I get to tell my tuner to either get a TiAL or I will be disappointed. Should've known when Chris went with a TiAL BOV.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#155 Old 01-23-2012, 10:40 AM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
Yep, he used to work at JMFab. Ah ha...I don't even think Synapse makes a BOV for my MY. So, I'm probably going to suggest a TiAL. Thanks Sandra
Brent is good, if you really want I am sure they can get it to fit. The flange is very similar to the TiAL where it's a compression fitting that pops on with a rubber o-ring. It's big and ugly though!

- Sandra
#156 Old 02-10-2012, 06:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Opps...must've missed the reply post. Well, I got the car back last night but it was late with work and everything else. So, I didn't scan my dyno sheet in last night. But, the BOV situation was...rather interesting taken care of by making a piece to keep the TMIC BOV on the cold pipe that was running back to the throttle body. I'll have to get pictures of it on my days off. Its too dark when I get home lately to take pictures.

But, enjoy a nice dyno sheet. This is what my car makes now over the dotted lines which was the Perrin TMIC.

Kirt
#157 Old 02-11-2012, 10:03 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Man! I bet that thing's a blast to drive. Nice graph Kirt

John
07 WRX
#158 Old 02-14-2012, 09:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

Its pretty sick coming off a dead stop how fast I have to shift until I get to 5th. LOL, at least there is another gear to go after that. But, this crap ball weather is keeping me from playing too much. Man, I have to apologize. I've been on the run for 4 straight days and of course v-day kept me running all day. So, I'll get to pictures when I can this week. I promise....I'm sure some people are interested in seeing the pipe work and what all was done.

Kirt
#159 Old 02-15-2012, 07:45 AM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Time slips. You need to take that to the track just so I can have a trap speed reference for a Dom 3 XTR pushing 20ish psi.

That dyno must read low is what I'm saying, I want traps to confirm my suspicions. Either way, glad you're back on the road Kirt.

-Chris
#160 Old 02-15-2012, 05:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

I'm thinking Chad is still tuning it for drive ability. He said he started to do a pull on 28 psi and my car was making 420 wtq and I guess he didn't like what he saw on the top end. He felt it wasn't safe and dialed it back down to 24 psi to keep it more or less safe for me. I'm sure he probably knows I run some crap 93 oct once or twice a year. When I go up to the rally races in northern PA and I'm sure he doesn't want me blowing it up on a aggressive tune.

Any who...I took some photos of my FMIC set-up and the sun was setting when I got home. So excuse the fuzziness and my crackberry's ability to take blurry photos.

Chad kept the bent hot section at 2.5 inch to not lose spool because of the bend or at least that is what he said.

Chad's interesting option to solving my BPV/BOV situation. He said if I take the coupler's off that it would be easy enough to put a TiAL style BOV there instead. :: shrug :: Don't know if I care at this point.

Kirt
#161 Old 02-15-2012, 05:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

More Pictures

Cold side pipes coming back up...

You can see my Coolant reservior in the last picture being dirty...Chad said it might purge a few times and I should clean it off. Which I did for the next picture and you can see the fluid level in the reservior tank thanks to the tube on the side.

Kirt
#162 Old 02-15-2012, 07:33 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
So when can I buy one of these? Thats all Im asking, lol. Looks great Kirt.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#163 Old 02-15-2012, 09:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

Josh, I'll PM you.

Kirt
#164 Old 02-15-2012, 10:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Hey Kirt the car is looking good man. I hope I can get myself recovered soon and haul my trans over to get it rebuild and get to the track soon.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#165 Old 02-16-2012, 05:57 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Looks good Kirt.

That bend has me thinking a rotated setup may have been more beneficial.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3