Subaru WRX Forum banner

short block

8K views 27 replies 7 participants last post by  turmic 
#1 ·
whats a good company to go with for a short block im going to do a 2.5 hybrid swap:D

#3 ·
If I were you I would go with either a built 207 short block or a built EJ22 both Crawford and Gruppe-S build good motors your best bet is to find a few companies do some research and go with who you feel the most comfortable with or just build it yourself

#12 ·
Yeah, Vim should've just bought a Cosworth longblock though. I think Outfront covered the motor under warranty or something even though BoostAddict blew it up.

#14 ·
Ya Vim said it was his fault with his motul 300 race oil that shoulda been changed way sooner like after a race. His didn't do a oil analysis but said it was 3,000 miles or something.

#15 ·
ya outfront has built me an my family some pretty reliable an good running motors for our sand rails ha ha ha never thought to ask him for a build on a low horse low compression short block

#20 ·
Well, it just doesn't make sense to me. I prefer someone that works on engines for a living to build my engine. Not as a hobby or sidewalk act for money.

#23 · (Edited)
That's what they were working on too... Speed6's

Warranties, warranties, warranties. hahahaha

Wonder what "failures" are happening? Probably the rods (known issue)

I remember vaguely Plano said that a couple guys just brought in a ton of aftermarket internals and had them piece their cars together. Funny too, because COBB quoted the guys 2000.00 for the build and after a month, they weren't even 1/2 done. lol

I agree with y'all too.... I'd rather take it to someone that does builds as a full time gig.

#24 ·
That's probably most of the problem. Mix and matching a ton of aftermarket internals. Cobb probably didn't check the clearances and specs of those parts before just slapping it in there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.