setting timing.. got a question doesnt seem right? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 07-10-2011, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

beger781 is an unknown
setting timing.. got a question doesnt seem right?

im setting the timing on my car i got all the diagrams to line up the markings and belt. passengers side is all good, but the drivers side to the line up the markings the cam lobes are pushing the valve out is that right? the passengers side didnt have any resistance it was on the flat part of the cam lobe.

also in the picture in the timing belt section of the manual which shows the side pic of the head with the cams showing in which direction the cam lobes should be sitting when the timing marks are lined up.. my lobes do not sit like that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-10-2011, 01:40 PM

wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to
Not sure about the picture your are referring to, but yes the cams on the left (drivers) side will resist being put where you need them. Start at the crank gear, then line up the left cam gears, putting the belt guides on so it can't slip, then work your way to the right (pass. side) cams. Get those lined up, and install the cogged idler pulley after the belt is on with marks all lined up. Then go back and adjust the guides so the belt has clearance. That's the easiest way I know

Cullen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement