Question about my new sti block - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 07-21-2011, 02:30 AM
WRXtuners Member

black beast2 is an unknown
Question about my new sti block

So I was going over my receipts from my engine build and noticed that my new short block from Subaru was a EJ257t. I was wondering what the t meant and as far as I can find is that something in or on the block is made from titanium. Does anyone know exactly what the t stands for, and does every STI S.B. carry this code or is it something special?

Lol I think it's to late for me to try to be thinking........the T stands for a turbo application as opposed to a NA EJ257 block, doesn't it?

Last edited by black beast2; 07-21-2011 at 02:52 AM. Reason: Me being stupid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-21-2011, 05:03 AM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
What's the part number? That will tell me what block it is. If it's a non STi i'm pretty sure it's a EJ255.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#3 Old 07-21-2011, 08:38 AM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
There is no such thing as an EJ257T. There is only one EJ257.
#4 Old 07-21-2011, 05:33 PM
WRXtuners Member

Ill check the part number when my wife gets back with my car, but I know for sure it's a sti ej257 block.....I thought there was only one ej257 block but my receipt clearly states ej257t and when googled lots of stuff comes up with the ej257t code, so there must be such a thing I'm thinking it's all the same though meaning an Ej257t is the same as an EJ257?
#5 Old 07-21-2011, 06:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
It should be one of these part numbers:
10103AB440
10103AB4409L
10103AB910
10103AC030

These are all STi Shortblock part numbers. If it's different then it's a FXT, LGT, WRX EJ255 shortblock.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#6 Old 07-21-2011, 06:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psinuse View Post
It should be one of these part numbers:
10103AB440
10103AB4409L
10103AB910
10103AC030

These are all STi Shortblock part numbers. If it's different then it's a FXT, LGT, WRX EJ255 shortblock.
Is there anywhere on the block I could find the part number? The block was purchased from Subaru by Rallitek because they are the ones who built my engine, so I'm not sure if the Subaru part number is on my receipt from Rallitek.
#7 Old 07-21-2011, 07:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by black beast2 View Post
Is there anywhere on the block I could find the part number? The block was purchased from Subaru by Rallitek because they are the ones who built my engine, so I'm not sure if the Subaru part number is on my receipt from Rallitek.
It should be noted on your receipt or you can call Rallitek and ask them. I know the original STi EJ257 had like a B25C 701, 702 or 703 stamped on them. If it has a 902 then it was a N/A motor. If you had the motor build it won't matter since the blocks are all the same now, unless you got the NA block by accident, which I doubt. The only major difference is in the pistons really.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#8 Old 07-21-2011, 08:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Not true...The NA blocks are open deck and are shit compared to semi-closed.

EJ22T Sleeved to 2.5

closed deck (22B engine)

semi-closed (like a STI short block or WRX)

open deck like a NA impreza

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#9 Old 07-21-2011, 08:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

I meant all of the new EJ257 shortblocks are the same, I did mention the NA block was different.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#10 Old 07-21-2011, 09:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Haha, ok. You do need to be a bit more specific at times keith.

Kirt
#11 Old 07-21-2011, 09:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
Haha, ok. You do need to be a bit more specific at times keith.
I know, but I'm old and could possibly be the owner of a Volvo...!Cry!

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#12 Old 07-21-2011, 09:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

So I'm looking at my invoice and the part number is 10103ac030/10103ac040 with the description of subaru shrt block EJ257T. So that leads me to believe that the blocks are indeed the same since the 040 is a impreza w/turbo wo/sti and the 030 is a impreza w/ turbo w/sti and both numbers include other years of legacy's foresters and baja's according to the Subaru parts catolog. I called Subaru and asked them about the T in my Description and they said that lots of aftermarket builders do that for who knows why.
#13 Old 07-21-2011, 09:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

^ Probably so they don't confuse themselves that its turbo. !Notfunny!

Quote:
Just show your wife the "Get more G's commercial" and she might want a WRX also. Its wishful thinking. At least she doesn't want one of the Mercs that have the crash avoidance. That'd be a tough pill to swallow.

Kirt
#14 Old 07-21-2011, 09:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
I've seen some pretty bad ass Volvo's at Rallitek witch is also IPD a Volvo performance shop. Lots of them will eat a lot of built subies, plus the interior on most of the Volvo's I've seen is awsome. I'm seriously considering one for my next new car.

The only thing that might stop me was when talking to my wife about getting one, she was like oh yeah dude from twilight has one we have to get it. If that's the case I'd rather get manza or pinto then be thought of as having the twilight car...lol
#15 Old 07-21-2011, 10:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

I don't know what it costs to upgrade Volvos. But, the one professional time attack team uses a Volvo (can't remember which model it is) and it destroys times.

Kirt