parts help needed - Subaru WRX Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old 01-30-2008, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 3
tom strange is an unknown
parts help needed

Good morning everyone.,.
I'm really just a visitor here (for now at least), looking for some parts help. I have a cylinder head (not subaru) that has been modded, and needs replacement valves. The parts list that came with the head lists a stock valve, part number IVSU11L (Intake) and EVSU11L (exhaust).
The valves installed are racing valves
intake valve pn 13201-aa340H.1 ...
exhaust valve pn 13202-AA350HNF ....
The racing valves are the ones I need. Does anyone recognize any of these part numbers and can pinpoint the engine (I'm told WRX ... but thats pretty generic) that they belong to?
Also, who, where etc would be a good source for the valves?
Any help at all would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Tom
tom strange is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 22 Old 01-30-2008, 02:29 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
IH8PVMNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 341
Images: 5
IH8PVMNT is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom strange View Post
Good morning everyone.,.
I'm really just a visitor here (for now at least), looking for some parts help. I have a cylinder head (not subaru) that has been modded, and needs replacement valves. The parts list that came with the head lists a stock valve, part number IVSU11L (Intake) and EVSU11L (exhaust).
The valves installed are racing valves
intake valve pn 13201-aa340H.1 ...
exhaust valve pn 13202-AA350HNF ....
The racing valves are the ones I need. Does anyone recognize any of these part numbers and can pinpoint the engine (I'm told WRX ... but thats pretty generic) that they belong to?
Also, who, where etc would be a good source for the valves?
Any help at all would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Tom
call subaru with the part #'s
IH8PVMNT is offline  
post #3 of 22 Old 01-30-2008, 08:37 PM
WRXpert
 
dumdum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,800
Images: 12
dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom strange View Post
Good morning everyone.,.
I'm really just a visitor here (for now at least), looking for some parts help. I have a cylinder head (not subaru) that has been modded, and needs replacement valves. The parts list that came with the head lists a stock valve, part number IVSU11L (Intake) and EVSU11L (exhaust).
The valves installed are racing valves
intake valve pn 13201-aa340H.1 ...
exhaust valve pn 13202-AA350HNF ....
The racing valves are the ones I need. Does anyone recognize any of these part numbers and can pinpoint the engine (I'm told WRX ... but thats pretty generic) that they belong to?
Also, who, where etc would be a good source for the valves?
Any help at all would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Tom
Not Subaru but told it's from a WRX.Who else makes a WRX?Your not making any sense.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
dumdum is offline  
post #4 of 22 Old 01-30-2008, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 3
tom strange is an unknown
I guess I wasnt real clear .. "Not Subaru but told it's from a WRX."
The car I am working on is not a subaru ... but the head has been modified, and I'm told the valves that were used in the head were a racing valve from a wrx.... I need to find out where and how to go about getting replacement valves for the head. I have part numbers, but they dont mean much to me as I dont know exactly what engine they were out of or who supplies racing parts for a subaru WRX.... hope this helps clear up my question.
If I cant source parts, I need to throw this persons cyl head away and find a new one that has not been modified. Personally, I like the mods.... the valves and the porting that has been done looks nice, I hate to throw it all away.
Thanks again,
Tom
tom strange is offline  
post #5 of 22 Old 01-31-2008, 03:10 AM
WRXtuners Member
 
MilesFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 106
Images: 1
MilesFox is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom strange View Post
I guess I wasnt real clear .. "Not Subaru but told it's from a WRX."
The car I am working on is not a subaru ... but the head has been modified, and I'm told the valves that were used in the head were a racing valve from a wrx....
Thanks again,
Tom
the run of wrx's mix and match between years and models. the valve in question is probably common in several versions of the engines. in fact the valve is probably not specific to wrx, since all the motors between makes and models interchange with parts. subarus are like legos.

but good luck trying to ask a bunch of video game fans around here. take your question to www.ultimatesubaru.org and post in the new generation of subarus. i bet you get an answer on the first reply minutes from posting!

good luck
MilesFox is offline  
post #6 of 22 Old 01-31-2008, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 3
tom strange is an unknown
thanks... I'll try that ... the source and mfg of the racing valve is what I am really looking for ... sounds like a good spot to try.
tom strange is offline  
post #7 of 22 Old 01-31-2008, 11:19 AM
WRXpert
 
nagyhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,181
Images: 4
nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesFox View Post

but good luck trying to ask a bunch of video game fans around here.
That a pretty general statment, I hate video games, and cant even remember that last time i played one.

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
nagyhead is offline  
post #8 of 22 Old 01-31-2008, 11:59 AM
WRXtuners Member
 
MilesFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 106
Images: 1
MilesFox is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom strange View Post
thanks... I'll try that ... the source and mfg of the racing valve is what I am really looking for ... sounds like a good spot to try.
search there and you should find links or contact to CCR inc (colorado component rebuilders) who specialize in rebuilding subaru engines to any configuration.
MilesFox is offline  
post #9 of 22 Old 01-31-2008, 12:00 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
MilesFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 106
Images: 1
MilesFox is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8PVMNT View Post
call subaru with the part #'s

unless you have ever called the dealer they dont know anything without a VIN. and some random head with a subaru valve isn't going to have a vin
MilesFox is offline  
post #10 of 22 Old 01-31-2008, 12:05 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
MilesFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 106
Images: 1
MilesFox is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagyhead View Post
That a pretty general statment, I hate video games, and cant even remember that last time i played one.
although it may be a general statement, it's obvious enough when people chose a specific car or think they cah do all kinds of 'mods' for 'whp' and crash their cars trying to 'drift', essentially emulating video games, those who think they can drive because they hold rank on initial D.

and then there are those who learned to drive in real cars, and have a tool box.

sorry if i come off that way, but that notion can make or break the credibility of any forum. that is why i am here
MilesFox is offline  
post #11 of 22 Old 01-31-2008, 05:32 PM
Moderator
 
newtothegame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,493
Images: 4
newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
What you are here for credibility? To add to that here? To teach us how to drive? What, or maybe just learn some spelling and grammer.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
newtothegame is offline  
post #12 of 22 Old 02-02-2008, 03:17 AM
WRXtuners Member
 
MilesFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 106
Images: 1
MilesFox is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
What you are here for credibility? To add to that here? To teach us how to drive? What, or maybe just learn some spelling and grammer.

sure. take your pick. actually i could learn how to type.
MilesFox is offline  
post #13 of 22 Old 02-02-2008, 05:36 AM
WRXtuners Member
 
psinuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,093
psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Call Cobb Tuning at 801-713-0035 and talk to Trey, he would know where to find the parts, he might even be able to find them for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesFox
although it may be a general statement, it's obvious enough when people chose a specific car or think they cah do all kinds of 'mods' for 'whp' and crash their cars trying to 'drift', essentially emulating video games, those who think they can drive because they hold rank on initial D.

and then there are those who learned to drive in real cars, and have a tool box.

sorry if i come off that way, but that notion can make or break the credibility of any forum. that is why i am here

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
psinuse is offline  
post #14 of 22 Old 02-21-2008, 06:59 AM
WRXpert
 
dumdum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,800
Images: 12
dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesFox View Post

but good luck trying to ask a bunch of video game fans around here.
Right.I have been working on cars for almost 20 years.I'm sure all my knowledege is based on video games......

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
dumdum is offline  
post #15 of 22 Old 02-21-2008, 07:49 AM
WRXtuners Member
 
Longshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,119
Images: 5
Longshot is a helpful contributing member
Send a message via AIM to Longshot
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesFox View Post
although it may be a general statement, it's obvious enough when people chose a specific car or think they cah do all kinds of 'mods' for 'whp' and crash their cars trying to 'drift', essentially emulating video games, those who think they can drive because they hold rank on initial D.
Thats a pretty stupid statement, asside from just being a generalization. I very much so enjoy video games, but I also work on my own car. And I'm sure I can "hang" with you in a mall parking lot. Just watch your words dude...people will get defensive because there's a lot of experience on this site (Not me).

Mike
DTRacing Tuned
Longshot is offline  
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On