Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   Cylinder Head & Short Block (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f103/)
-   -   parts help needed (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f103/parts-help-needed-21999/)

tom strange 01-30-2008 12:02 PM

parts help needed

Good morning everyone.,.
I'm really just a visitor here (for now at least), looking for some parts help. I have a cylinder head (not subaru) that has been modded, and needs replacement valves. The parts list that came with the head lists a stock valve, part number IVSU11L (Intake) and EVSU11L (exhaust).
The valves installed are racing valves
intake valve pn 13201-aa340H.1 ...
exhaust valve pn 13202-AA350HNF ....
The racing valves are the ones I need. Does anyone recognize any of these part numbers and can pinpoint the engine (I'm told WRX ... but thats pretty generic) that they belong to?
Also, who, where etc would be a good source for the valves?
Any help at all would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Tom

IH8PVMNT 01-30-2008 01:29 PM

[QUOTE=tom strange;184464]Good morning everyone.,.
I'm really just a visitor here (for now at least), looking for some parts help. I have a cylinder head (not subaru) that has been modded, and needs replacement valves. The parts list that came with the head lists a stock valve, part number IVSU11L (Intake) and EVSU11L (exhaust).
The racing valves are the ones I need. Does anyone recognize any of these part numbers and can pinpoint the engine (I'm told WRX ... but thats pretty generic) that they belong to?
Thanks in advance,
Tom[/QUOTE]

call subaru with the part #'s

dumdum 01-30-2008 07:37 PM

[QUOTE=tom strange;184464]Good morning everyone.,.
I'm really just a visitor here (for now at least), looking for some parts help. [COLOR="Red"]I have a cylinder head (not subaru)[/COLOR] that has been modded, and needs replacement valves. The parts list that came with the head lists a stock valve, part number IVSU11L (Intake) and EVSU11L (exhaust).
The racing valves are the ones I need. [COLOR="Red"]Does anyone recognize any of these part numbers and can pinpoint the engine (I'm told WRX [/COLOR]... but thats pretty generic) that they belong to?
Thanks in advance,
Tom[/QUOTE]WTF Not Subaru but told it's from a WRX.Who else makes a WRX?Your not making any sense.

tom strange 01-30-2008 09:33 PM

I guess I wasnt real clear .. "Not Subaru but told it's from a WRX."
The car I am working on is not a subaru ... but the head has been modified, and I'm told the valves that were used in the head were a racing valve from a wrx.... I need to find out where and how to go about getting replacement valves for the head. I have part numbers, but they dont mean much to me as I dont know exactly what engine they were out of or who supplies racing parts for a subaru WRX.... hope this helps clear up my question.
If I cant source parts, I need to throw this persons cyl head away and find a new one that has not been modified. Personally, I like the mods.... the valves and the porting that has been done looks nice, I hate to throw it all away.
Thanks again,
Tom

MilesFox 01-31-2008 02:10 AM

[QUOTE=tom strange;184522]I guess I wasnt real clear .. "Not Subaru but told it's from a WRX."
The car I am working on is not a subaru ... but the head has been modified, and I'm told the valves that were used in the head were a racing valve from a wrx....
Thanks again,
Tom[/QUOTE]

the run of wrx's mix and match between years and models. the valve in question is probably common in several versions of the engines. in fact the valve is probably not specific to wrx, since all the motors between makes and models interchange with parts. subarus are like legos.

but good luck trying to ask a bunch of video game fans around here. take your question to [url=http://www.ultimatesubaru.org]www.ultimatesubaru.org[/url] and post in the new generation of subarus. i bet you get an answer on the first reply minutes from posting!

good luck

tom strange 01-31-2008 10:03 AM

thanks... I'll try that ... the source and mfg of the racing valve is what I am really looking for ... sounds like a good spot to try.

nagyhead 01-31-2008 10:19 AM

[QUOTE=MilesFox;184533]

but good luck trying to ask a bunch of video game fans around here.[/QUOTE]

That a pretty general statment, I hate video games, and cant even remember that last time i played one.

MilesFox 01-31-2008 10:59 AM

[QUOTE=tom strange;184546]thanks... I'll try that ... the source and mfg of the racing valve is what I am really looking for ... sounds like a good spot to try.[/QUOTE]

search there and you should find links or contact to CCR inc (colorado component rebuilders) who specialize in rebuilding subaru engines to any configuration.

MilesFox 01-31-2008 11:00 AM

[QUOTE=IH8PVMNT;184470]call subaru with the part #'s[/QUOTE]

unless you have ever called the dealer they dont know anything without a VIN. and some random head with a subaru valve isn't going to have a vin

MilesFox 01-31-2008 11:05 AM

[QUOTE=nagyhead;184550]That a pretty general statment, I hate video games, and cant even remember that last time i played one.[/QUOTE]

although it may be a general statement, it's obvious enough when people chose a specific car or think they cah do all kinds of 'mods' for 'whp' and crash their cars trying to 'drift', essentially emulating video games, those who think they can drive because they hold rank on initial D.

and then there are those who learned to drive in real cars, and have a tool box.

sorry if i come off that way, but that notion can make or break the credibility of any forum. that is why i am here

newtothegame 01-31-2008 04:32 PM

What you are here for credibility? To add to that here? To teach us how to drive? What, or maybe just learn some spelling and grammer.

MilesFox 02-02-2008 02:17 AM

[QUOTE=newtothegame;184585]What you are here for credibility? To add to that here? To teach us how to drive? What, or maybe just learn some spelling and grammer.[/QUOTE]

sure. take your pick. actually i could learn how to type.

psinuse 02-02-2008 04:36 AM

Call Cobb Tuning at 801-713-0035 and talk to Trey, he would know where to find the parts, he might even be able to find them for you.

[QUOTE=MilesFox]although it may be a general statement, it's obvious enough when people chose a specific car or think they cah do all kinds of 'mods' for 'whp' and crash their cars trying to 'drift', essentially emulating video games, those who think they can drive because they hold rank on initial D.

and then there are those who learned to drive in real cars, and have a tool box.

sorry if i come off that way, but that notion can make or break the credibility of any forum. that is why i am here[/QUOTE]
:notgood:

dumdum 02-21-2008 05:59 AM

[QUOTE=MilesFox;184533]

but good luck trying to ask a bunch of video game fans around here.[/QUOTE]Right.I have been working on cars for almost 20 years.I'm sure all my knowledege is based on video games......

Longshot 02-21-2008 06:49 AM

[QUOTE=MilesFox;184559]although it may be a general statement, it's obvious enough when people chose a specific car or think they cah do all kinds of 'mods' for 'whp' and crash their cars trying to 'drift', essentially emulating video games, those who think they can drive because they hold rank on initial D.
[/QUOTE]

Thats a pretty stupid statement, asside from just being a generalization. I very much so enjoy video games, but I also work on my own car. And I'm sure I can "hang" with you in a mall parking lot. Just watch your words dude...people will get defensive because there's a lot of experience on this site (Not me).