oil leak - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 03-09-2015, 07:04 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

mikesti05 is an unknown
oil leak

Ok so I bought a 2005 sti in august with a clean record on carfax. Come to find out after a week my car is leaking oil. I replaced the cylinder head and gasket and still leaks. Heavy smoke. My buddy helped me try to reboot a loose bolt but broke 3 of them in it at the very end. Any one have any idea what I can do to prevent this
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-09-2015, 07:31 AM
WRXtuners Member

GSMNZ is known to be trustworthy and helpful GSMNZ is known to be trustworthy and helpful GSMNZ is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesti05 View Post
Ok so I bought a 2005 sti in august with a clean record on carfax. Come to find out after a week my car is leaking oil. I replaced the cylinder head and gasket and still leaks. Heavy smoke. My buddy helped me try to reboot a loose bolt but broke 3 of them in it at the very end. Any one have any idea what I can do to prevent this
Oil leaking from where? Is the smoke from your engine bay? left or right side? And what 3 bolts?

Need way more info. I mean you did the head gaskets yourself? Did you make sure to put the crankcase lines all back on?

05 WRX Wagon - 409 AWHP / 334 WTQ Wicked Matt Tuned
post #3 of 3 Old 03-09-2015, 08:04 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

mikesti05 is an unknown
I have a leak from my right head. White smoke coming from hood and out exhaust. Also leaks coolant. it was three bolts in same hole. . Bottom of cover next to the flash shield. Sorry I'm not to mechanically inclined. And no I went to pepboys"bad idea" to replace cover