Subaru WRX Forum banner

New Pistons...?

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  bapaul 
#1 ·
so i totalled my car !Cry! but i have a plan...

i buy it back slavaged, swap engines with another car that i'm buying, and get this engine fixed. the guy i'm buying car #2 from says that it makes a knocking/ticking noise and that a mechanic said that there was a problem with the exhaust valve something on cylinder #4.... i talked to him the other day and he says that boxer4racing says that it probably needs new pistons.

now, can anyone give me more information about this? and where can i get a decent set of pistons that aren't too expensive. Also, if there's any mechanics in the Jacksonville, NC area that can hook someone up, please let me know. this is already going to be expensive... not to mention i've already not had my car for over 2 months now, i just want it back! :poorme:

#2 ·
CP makes a nice set of Pistons.. They are around 400 a full set.. However, if you want STOCK OEM pistons, I have (3) from my 2.0L.. If your interested I can pull one for you. I'll even take pictures and let you pick which one.. LOL... PM me if interested.. Also is it an "A" or "B" piston??

#3 ·
thanks! i'm not sure what exactly i'm doing with that just yet, but do you have a link to those pistons? i'm not sure which one(s) i'll need to replace or even if thats all i'll need to replace. And i have no idea what you're talking about.... "A" or "B" piston....? :confused:

#4 ·
Most people don't so don't feel bad. "A" and "B" referr to the cylidar size.. There is a small difference, like .010" difference.. You block is stamped with the size, I'll try to post a picture as soon as I can take one.... I'll have to look for a "CP" link.. I purchased mine through Ron @ Axis Power Racing...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.