N/A ej25 swap to turbo EJ25 - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 19 Old 12-04-2011, 03:12 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Well I build a 2.34L, I used almost entirely stock components, other than pistons and a few other little odds and ends it was stuff that most people don't want because they believe the stock parts are junk so I got it cheap. I would say that I still have well over $5000 in it and I build it myself, other than machine work on the block. I hand balanced everything and put the motor together. Brand new shortblock is $2000-2100. Put your heads and maybe a set of cams and you'd be still south of what I spend and it would handle a lot more than what you think. The basic idea is to spend money where it is needed and not on parts that you think you need because this guy or that guys did it or told you so...Trust me on this you can save yourself $1000s.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 Old 12-04-2011, 04:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
Justin, you got me there. Are the short blocks the same on the 02-05s? I was under the impression that the 2.5 Liter engines were different though. Which is what the OP is refering to.
The '02-'05 WRX blocks are all the same open deck blocks. The EJ255 and 257 are semi-closed, and you are right about the OP's EJ253 being open deck.
post #18 of 19 Old 12-04-2011, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Chico89 is an unknown
sweet do you have like blue prints or something i could base an engine off of. since you have a built one?
post #19 of 19 Old 12-04-2011, 10:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Quote:
Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
The '02-'05 WRX blocks are all the same open deck blocks. The EJ255 and 257 are semi-closed, and you are right about the OP's EJ253 being open deck.
Good to know, thanks Justin. I know more about the EJ255/EJ257s.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
Sponsored Links
Advertisement