post #46 of 75 Old 12-11-2016, 01:49 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

mikea1 is a helpful contributing member
Quote:
Originally Posted by titter View Post
do you have 207 heads?

if so... beginning of post #3 in this thread has cam info
EJ207 Info - NASIOC

Thanks again bro! I checked everything soon as you post this lol! but I think my JDM engine is not EJ207 attach is the small block and its fully open deck..
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 75 Old 12-11-2016, 02:06 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Got my Brain Crower yesterday and side by side crower being on the right and my JDM cam on the left you can notice a difference with the cam angle the crower is about 30 degree advance hopefully this will finally solve my problem..
Attached Images

post #48 of 75 Old 12-13-2016, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

So I got my crower in already and same thing but its not that bad as before with the JDM cams... intake still blows air out and the exhaust still sucks air.... now I was looking at the service manual again last night it says exhaust valve closing is 10 degrees ATDC ... that's 10 degrees AFTER TOP DEAD CENTER if this is the spec it should really suck in air back .. same with the intake spec intake valve still remains open ABDC... so this is normal??
Attached Images

post #49 of 75 Old 12-16-2016, 01:32 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

after reading this .. I conclude my engine is normal lol!!!

https://www.mechadyne-int.com/app/up...-emissions.pdf
post #50 of 75 Old 12-17-2016, 07:08 AM
WRXtuners Member

titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Garage
good read, thanks for sharing! glad you got it all sorted out.

Bugeye EJ207 Spec C 4EAT Wagon
happiness is measured in smiles per gallon
dont forget to wave
post #51 of 75 Old 12-18-2016, 12:24 AM
WRXtuners Member

Ruso is more helpful than not
Garage
Dude lol! I didn't want to say anything but I thought this might be a possibility but I didn't have the knowledge to confirm my suspicion!

Glad you got it sorted out man, keep us posted! I'd love to see some further progress/ finished / running progress shots!
post #52 of 75 Old 12-21-2016, 01:48 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

haha! update got my engine hoist already I'm planning to swap the engine by Jan 1... went to Walmart got myself my Break in Oil today but I think I got the wrong one,,ive been reading around they recommend Shell Rotella T 15-40W for the engine break in process .. but stupid me I got Rotella T1 straight grade well I can always return it..
Attached Images

post #53 of 75 Old 12-21-2016, 02:06 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

my concern right now is the tuning given the many changes I made I'm not sure if the engine will even start or stay running after starting.. and can you dyno tune the engine while its still under the break in process? in which you cant rev it exceeding 3000rpm..

Last edited by mikea1; 12-21-2016 at 10:52 AM.
post #54 of 75 Old 12-21-2016, 02:10 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

anyways here are some more photos of my Brain Crower stage 2 Cam
Attached Images

Last edited by mikea1; 12-21-2016 at 10:57 AM.
post #55 of 75 Old 12-21-2016, 02:13 AM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikea1 View Post
my concern right now is the tuning given the many changes I made I'm not sure if the engine will even start or stay running after starting.. and can you dyno tune the engine while its still under the break in process? in which you cant rev it exceeding 3000rpm..
There's a dyno break in procedure that can be followed. Otherwise my iag block instructed running a break in map with 0wgdc map and retarded timing and tuning after 800 miles. I played it safe And have been bumping up power gradually as I tune and compensate for knock.

Are you open source or cobb ap?

Was your car tuned for things like your intake and downpipe and injectors? Or have you changed those during build?
post #56 of 75 Old 12-21-2016, 02:51 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruso View Post
There's a dyno break in procedure that can be followed. Otherwise my iag block instructed running a break in map with 0wgdc map and retarded timing and tuning after 800 miles. I played it safe And have been bumping up power gradually as I tune and compensate for knock.

Are you open source or cobb ap?

Was your car tuned for things like your intake and downpipe and injectors? Or have you changed those during build?

Break in through dyno? its too expensive I think they charge $200 per hour for dyno use and break in is min. of 2 hrs. plus $350 for actual tuning.

I have a cobb ap but never got the chance to have my car protune I was gonna have it tuned after getting my AP but I my engine is like 170K miles already when I got it ..and it somewhat have a knocking issue its not really worth having it protuned ..which started this hybrid project lol!

anyways I'm planning to go to GST motorsport come Monday to inquire about the tuning.
post #57 of 75 Old 12-23-2016, 02:22 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

after reading around about tuning I feel like doing opensource later on
post #58 of 75 Old 12-23-2016, 05:35 AM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Doooo iiit. Very rewarding path.

I have a Windows 10 tablet ($79 new) mounted over my factory stereo running RomRaider all the time.

I'm currently working on writing code that makes a clean full screen dash with fancy gauges.
Name:  15696928_1291825770837463_1400299656_o.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  51.6 KB
post #59 of 75 Old 12-26-2016, 12:59 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruso View Post
Doooo iiit. Very rewarding path.

I have a Windows 10 tablet ($79 new) mounted over my factory stereo running RomRaider all the time.

I'm currently working on writing code that makes a clean full screen dash with fancy gauges.
Attachment 36346

Damn! that's just so awesome! ... I registered already and download the ECU editor and data logger one thing I cant download is the reflash software and I might the openport cable within the week... I actually have a spare ECU to mess with ... short story about this I did not actually want to get an AP before I mean whats the use my ej205 is 170kmiles already and its starting to give ...my brother in law owns an STI 2013 and he owns an AP.... few months later he finally convince me to get one for future upgrade parts .. I was assuming his an expert with AP already his been using it for months.. so I let him install my AP unto my wrx 02 then ... booom! he mess-up I end up with a dead ECU !!! few calls few days and few emails with Cobb they told me I have to send them my AP and ECU for reset process... now I need my car for work no choice had to get a working ECU from ebay while waiting for my dead ECU and AP to be fixed...
post #60 of 75 Old 12-26-2016, 01:10 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Update I tested my fuel system for the first time yesterday Christmas day lol!
Attached Images

« Best build? | -