Subaru WRX Forum banner

Looking to build a 1000hp STi what block?

24K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Wrx Noobie 
#1 ·
I have been looking at block and that for the STi and havent quite found anything that im sure about. Though I was looking here http://www.xcceleration.com/engine-packages-raceengines.html

And was wondering what you guys think. If I have an sti would I be able to jsut get some headwork new pistons crankshaft and what not. maybe use the 10,000rmp head from them?
I know Ive got alot to learn but ive got alot of time:D

#2 ·
I wouldn't deal through Xceleration..

Call Andrew at AndrewTech and order his built 2.8L and a 5 speed DogBox for you STI Transmisison.
Call Ron at AxisPower and get your Heads fully worked over
Call ATP and get a Garrett GT42R Trubo
Call Someone? and get a 100 shot NOS setup for spooling the turbo on your hole shots.
Call Phil at Element Tuning for a Hydra EMS to control it all.

Not to mention all the little odds and ends..

It's going to cost about 30,000 to do it right.

#3 ·
Ya I have a buddy of mine thats gonnahelp me pay for it and help me get er all done.
Actually i was already looking at the turbo too. Ya Im looking at all the ods and ends as well here too.
I have heard some good stuff about axispower as well.
Thx for the info!

#5 ·
theaxemaster said:
Also call your insurance broker and get more life insurance coverage.

Can the STi driveline even handle that much power? I would think you'd almost snap a driveshaft...
I was under the impression that it was good up until about 800 horsepower so 1000 would definitely be pushing it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.