Subaru WRX Forum banner

Im looking to do a jdm v7 or v8 sti swap into my 02 WRX, have a few Q's

7K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  newtothegame 
#1 ·
Hi guys, I hit the 80,000 mile mark w my 02 wrx USDM 2.0 and the motor went. I am interested in swapping in a JDM v7 or v8 sti 2.0. I was wondering if anyone knows the most reputable places to source one of these motors out? also I am wondering about the how to and what I will need to do the swap aside from just the engine IE; body harness, wiring etc...also I have the deautchwerks 650cc injectors and aps fuel rails on my usdm 2.0. will those work on the jdm motor? lol ironicly this is the third summer in a row Ive had to garage my beloved subie for upgrades/repairs. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!

Anakin the WRX & Donovan

#3 ·
the turbo seals on my VF39 I had bought apparently were bad and it ended up running the car out of oil and seizing up the motor. I didnt get a low oil warning so I didnt see it coming. I had the car dyno tuned to 319whp and 315ft lbs but with the jdm v7 or v8 engine I would probably try to have it tuned somewhere between that and 350 for the time being until I can trade out my sti RA gears for something a bit stronger. In any case the car has seen a few track days here and there but nothing serious. Ireally want to keep a 2.0 in the car as opposed to going to the 2.5 and I like the idea of the higher revving jdm motor. again any help on the best/most reputable places to find opne of these motor swaps would begreatly appreciated:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.