I have a problem... Bought a used STi Shortblock - Page 9 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#121 Old 06-20-2011, 02:46 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
nice plates Chris. I see the tail light tint is still fading, but otherwise still looks good.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 Old 06-20-2011, 05:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Yeah they faded pretty bad and it's on my list to do... #3 right now after the brake lines/bleeding and fixing my rear sway bar. I'm going to go pick up a good automotive clear coat for this go around and go a lot heavier on the paint.

-Chris
#123 Old 06-25-2011, 03:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Well I ordered my injectors Wednesday night and they showed up Friday morning... Pretty darn quick.

Five-O 1200cc EV14 Injectors

-Chris
#124 Old 06-25-2011, 05:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Oooohhhh pretty. I see alot of people going with the Five-0 injectors as of late. Let me know what you think of them I have passed on a set before, just out of being unsure of them...

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#125 Old 06-25-2011, 11:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

^Same here... The reviews have been all over the place, but mostly because of DOA injectors. It seems if you get a dead one Bruce (owner of Five-O) is really good about replacing them so it's more of an inconvenience than anything.

I won't have a chance to install and tune for a couple/few weeks as I found out Thursday night that I'm needed in Phoenix this week and next.... Sometimes I really hate my job (more and more as of late).

Either way, in a few weeks the car will be running on corn and it'll be pretty much maxxed out on the stock turbo. There really isn't much left to do on the car... Maybe an inlet and tgv deletes, other than that I've done about everything I can before I do the longblock and turbo.

-Chris
#126 Old 06-26-2011, 12:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Where did you order them? Direct or through someone?

Kirt
#127 Old 06-26-2011, 01:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

Direct, none of my guys could source them as I think he's the only place you can buy them. Regardless, $373 shipped for 1200cc EV14's is pretty good given they work. These don't even require pigtails or splicing, they plug directly into the OEM injector harnesses.

-Chris
#128 Old 06-26-2011, 06:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

Which brand requires pigtails or splicing? I'm only familar with DW and places like witchhunter that modify oem injectors.

Kirt
#129 Old 06-26-2011, 07:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
Which brand requires pigtails or splicing? I'm only familar with DW and places like witchhunter that modify oem injectors.
RC injectors do I think for our cars, also depending on the impedance as well. Witch Hunter no longer mods Subaru injectors anymore...

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#130 Old 06-26-2011, 07:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
according to their website they still do

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#131 Old 06-26-2011, 08:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by basco View Post
according to their website they still do
Hmmm I emailed them a few weeks ago and they said they were no longer doing that...

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#132 Old 06-27-2011, 08:29 AM
WRXtuners Member

Slap them through the phone and tell them to update their website then.

Kirt
#133 Old 06-27-2011, 10:14 AM
WRXtuners Member

Injector Dynamics is the brand that you need either their pigtails ($48) or splice the wiring on your injectors. I'm not keen on cutting up my injector harnesses and I don't want to spend an extra $50 just to be able to plug them in. The $500+ price tag for EV14 ID1000's with pigtails is a bit excessive, especially since they seem to scale more like 900cc's. I'm more than happy to give my EV14 1200cc plug-and-play injectors a try for $372.

I knew the 1000cc ID's would be too small to support the Dom3 with E85, and the next step up for ID was 1600cc's which would cost over $900 (ridiculous). 1200cc's are the perfect size for me.

-Chris
#134 Old 06-27-2011, 03:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcrsWetDream View Post
Injector Dynamics is the brand that you need either their pigtails ($48) or splice the wiring on your injectors. I'm not keen on cutting up my injector harnesses and I don't want to spend an extra $50 just to be able to plug them in. The $500+ price tag for EV14 ID1000's with pigtails is a bit excessive, especially since they seem to scale more like 900cc's. I'm more than happy to give my EV14 1200cc plug-and-play injectors a try for $372.

I knew the 1000cc ID's would be too small to support the Dom3 with E85, and the next step up for ID was 1600cc's which would cost over $900 (ridiculous). 1200cc's are the perfect size for me.
1600cc :eek: That's a high gas bill regardless of how you drive.
$372 for 1200cc seems pretty good price. I might have to pick up a set if I switch to a GT40 this winter. I am really getting away from a street driven car LOL

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#135 Old 06-27-2011, 04:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

I'd say, thats more turbo than what Lil Shoaf used to run.

Kirt