Got the core mounted up yesterday.
All in it took me about six more hours to get the two v-bands on the end tanks (grind the flanges down to fit, braze them on), modify the bumper beam to fit the fmic, figure out the brackets and placement of the core, trim bumper cover, used some vacuum hose to create an edge guard where I cut the beam so it doesn't rub on the core, cut bottom off of license plate to not block any of the core, get it all back together.
Overall, there's only about 1.5" of the core that isn't in the airflow (it goes 1" into the bottom of the bumper beam, and sits about 1/2" lower than the opening in the bumper cover), so my goal of 75% of the core directly in airflow is a success!
Didn't take too many pics in process, but snapped a couple:
Before I cleaned up and covered the cuts into the beam (obviously had to take a good chunk of the bottom of the beam out):
Before I cut down the plate and before the bumper cover was 100% able to fit back on (looks crooked becuase the bumper was just hanging on from the grille at that point):
Finished trimming the bumper skin and cut the plate down, also an excellent picture (lies):