I have a problem... Bought a used STi Shortblock - Page 16 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#226 Old 09-27-2011, 02:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
^^Lol.. The attitude on nasioc doesn't help the situation either... It seems that place has two types of people: idiots, and assholes. The normal people don't post very often.

Took the scoop mesh out last night and painted the vent mesh sem-flat black. I drop the car off at the shop in the AM, and hopefully will have it back Friday night.

I'm still not 100% sure what I'll do until I drop it off so I'll leave you all in suspense.

-Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#227 Old 09-27-2011, 02:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
They are all asshats over there.... ALL of em. Syno, you need to lay off the coffee... or switch to decaf.. lol

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#228 Old 09-27-2011, 02:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

synolimit is a helpful contributing member
lol all i said was ok winner, your real cool. i do love i have a stalker though waiting for me to do something.

Scott-2011 WRX 335HP 394TQ 93 VF52!
http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/2011-wrx-build-31226/
#229 Old 09-27-2011, 04:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
*peeks around corner waiting in the dark*...lol

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#230 Old 09-28-2011, 11:39 AM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Dropped it off at my body shop this morning.

Operation hopefullymakethecarlookgood is in effect.

It should be ready for me on Friday, not sure if I'll be able to pick it up Friday or Saturday though.

-Chris
#231 Old 09-28-2011, 12:44 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcrsWetDream View Post
Dropped it off at my body shop this morning.

Operation hopefullymakethecarlookBETTER is in effect.

It should be ready for me on Friday, not sure if I'll be able to pick it up Friday or Saturday though.
Fixed

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#232 Old 09-30-2011, 08:38 AM
WRXtuners Member

Fingers crossed I get it back tonight. At this point it's just logistics to actually get to the shop while he's there because my wife has stupid work hours.

I know the hood was done yesterday, the PDR guy was working yesterday afternoon and should be finishing up today. If I get it back tonight I'll throw up a couple teaser pics and tomorrow I'll wash/wax the car and go out for a full shoot with the new camera.

-Chris
#233 Old 09-30-2011, 09:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Which style did you go with? Or is that the secret? CF vents or all paint?

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#234 Old 09-30-2011, 10:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

Got it back! Paint job is amazing, and the PDR turned out great as well. If anybody is in the Omaha area and needs some paint/body work done, Custom Image Motorsports is the only place you need to call.

You guys get some teaser pictures until I can do a full shoot tomorrow after it gets a wash, clay bar, and wax.

-Chris
#235 Old 10-01-2011, 10:42 AM
WRXtuners Member

Got a daylight photo in....

I am so happy how it turned out

Sold my OEM hood today too so I ended up paying about $675 out of pocket for a cf hood with shipping and painting.

-Chris
#236 Old 10-01-2011, 01:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Looks very good. Glad you went with the CF look for the vents.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#237 Old 10-01-2011, 10:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

Hondafan is a helpful contributing member
You've gotten so far on your build. I didn't initially like the vents being CF, but I like the real finished product. When are you planning on dropping in the pistons and sealing that STi motor back up? That's what I've been patiently waiting for...

#238 Old 10-01-2011, 11:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

Not sure... Still planning on waiting a couple years until I get the wife a new car, take her current ride over as my beater, and then start to really tear into the WRX. As it sits right now I have everything for the short block ready for assembly (just need some fujibond and gap the rings) in case the current engine pops on me.

-Chris
#239 Old 10-02-2011, 09:42 AM
WRXtuners Member

synolimit is a helpful contributing member
How's the water gonna be with the vents? I like a clean engine, just seems like a lot more ways for leaves, dirt and stuff to get into the engine bay.

Scott-2011 WRX 335HP 394TQ 93 VF52!
http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/2011-wrx-build-31226/
#240 Old 10-02-2011, 02:22 PM
WRXtuners Member

I'm not too worried considering the large hole in the middle of hte hood. The vents have screens for leaves and other large debris, as for dirt and water I'm not concerned. Everything in the engine bay is meant to get wet and be ok. I clean it every wash too.

-Chris