Subaru WRX Forum banner

Help

3K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  WRX-One 
#1 ·
ok so today my engine kinda died on me, does anyone know where i can pick up a block for not too much money?

#2 ·
DesiSuperman said:
ok so today my engine kinda died on me, does anyone know where i can pick up a block for not too much money?
various websites have blocks for sale but for cheap, those are hard to find. what exactly do you mean your engine died? did you need help with the repair or are you just looking for a new block?

#7 ·
Ok so i decided to go with the 2.5 ej257 block, im gonna keep everything else stock for right now, because this is a very unseen event which i wasnt planning on. Ok so is this gonna affect my transmission,ecu, etc... cause I really dont wanna throw anymore money into it right now.

#8 ·
DesiSuperman said:
can I just put the sti block on the wrx, or do i have to do anything special
if the car is stock, subaru might actually cover it. it won't hurt to ask and when you do ask, use your COMM skills. the way you rub off on the employees there will help your chances. as for a wastegate, subaru dealerships supply those as far as i know.

i'm not sure about the 2.5 ej257 with your car, but i don't think it's a perfect match for your tranny.

*EDIT* i looked into it further and the block specified above would fit your WRX.

#13 ·
DesiSuperman said:
hey can someone please answer my questions im kinda stuck and would really appreciate the help?
Just put the same block in my '02 (king of parts'-club wrs forums 1500$ shipped east to west coast) Ive been told to NOT drive the car...'till I can address engine management PERIOD.My tuner has a base map ready on a new COBB so I can drive it the 75 miles to his shop..DB tuning near SAC'...that's more $$..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.