Subaru WRX Forum banner

fuel rail how much does it help #3 cylinder

7K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  tturnpaw 
#1 ·
I have been looking and doing alot of reading on this. they say the # 3 cylinder does not run as good as 1 and 2 and a fuel rail will help fix that. would it be wise to get one with only a uppipe and a airtake done on my car. or is there something out there beside the rail to help fix that.

#9 ·
the only thing I could think of is that #3 being lean your not getting a good combustion in the chamber and it would also not be cooling as fast cause you wouldnt have enough fuel to cool down the cylinder and piston. Worse case scenario is that it would just finally get bad you would have to fix it, but that would be pretty extreme.

#10 ·
Actually the series fed fuel rails are part of the problem.The other part is the stock exhaust manifold design.The #3 and #4 primaries have very shrp bends coming off the heads and do cause a restriction in flow which = higher EGT's in those cylinders.Headers and ported/polished stock headers will help more than fuel rails.The fuel rails don't become a problem untill higher HP #'s.Also getting your injectors cleaned and flow balanced is a good idea. Witch Hunter Performance does it for $15 an injector including new o-rings and injector filter baskets.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.