Subaru WRX Forum banner

First Post WRX swap

3K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  newtothegame 
#1 ·
Hey guys was up?
my name is mike, from newfoundland and i got a couple questions alright, i have an 05 rs with 93000kms on it, around here wrx are few a far to come by so what i have planned is to swap and rebuliding i was plannin on just a turbo but its goin to cost the same so ihave 6000 to spend on the swap i wanted to get a stage one something not to crazy, ### it will be a daily driver and winter driven. Looking for 300-370awhp, around 15-20 psi
what do u guys recommend

#2 ·
Honestly, I'd recommend selling your RS and using that money and some of your 6 grand to put a pretty decent downpayment on a WRX. It'll be far less of a headache and you'll be back on the road much sooner than if you tore apart your car and rebuilt it. About WRXs being hard to find, have you tried going to a dealer and telling them what you want and asking if they can ship one to a dealership near you? That might be worth a shot. Also, 300-370 awhp is significantly more than a Stage 1 setup... you're probably looking at a turbo upgrade and all supporting mods to achieve that with a WRX.

#4 ·
Wow, I don't know much about Canadda, but you must live out in the middle of nowhere. Still though, have you checked with them to see if they can get a WRX shipped up there for you to check out? I'm almost certain dealers can do that kind of stuff. Anything to make a sale, right?

#5 ·
yes ...very eastern canada, they wont do it without charging u a small fortune, however i was thinkin of gettin one in the states everything is so much cheaper, i 04 wrx went for 19500 118000kms on it, its pretty pricey, let me know if theres nething that catches ## eye down there ok please and thank you

#7 ·
Retrofitting, and swaps usually always end up with a lot of heartache and broken hearts, especially for daily drivers. I would exhaust all of my options for buying a WRX before I started looking into swapping. You will have to weigh the amount of downtime, cost of unexpected hangups in the swap, and sheer time and effort that you will spend on the thing into the cost of the swap too. Dont mean to be a downer, but it is not a small task, so just think it out first.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.