excited - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 08-12-2011, 03:22 PM
WRXtuners Member

diesel paul is more helpful than not
excited

so im excited i think i have my future motor all figured out i called outfront an went over what my options are an i think im going to go with a brand new 2.5 shortblock with forged pistons and send my 2.0 heads in to get the combustion chambers opened up a bit with some porting an a full rebuild i got a question though where is a good place to get pink injectors i dont want used

2003 wrx hatch upgraded turbo three inch turbo back upgraded up pipe subaru upgrade intake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-12-2011, 03:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel paul View Post
so im excited i think i have my future motor all figured out i called outfront an went over what my options are an i think im going to go with a brand new 2.5 shortblock with forged pistons and send my 2.0 heads in to get the combustion chambers opened up a bit with some porting an a full rebuild i got a question though where is a good place to get pink injectors i dont want used
DeatschWerks.com - Fuel your Passion for Performance Just get a set from these guys. They are good injectors and have been making them for a while now.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#3 Old 08-12-2011, 07:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by psinuse View Post
DeatschWerks.com - Fuel your Passion for Performance Just get a set from these guys. They are good injectors and have been making them for a while now.
Ya, but those are used.

Last edited by brfatal; 08-14-2011 at 07:44 PM.
#4 Old 08-12-2011, 07:16 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Why only pink injectors? you can max them out on a stock turbo if you really wanted to. Step up to at a minimum of 650s.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#5 Old 08-12-2011, 11:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

so i might need more fuel than the pink injectrs can put out im not going to wild with horse power the reason i was directed to the pinks was there reliablity

2003 wrx hatch upgraded turbo three inch turbo back upgraded up pipe subaru upgrade intake
#6 Old 08-13-2011, 12:15 AM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Honestly the pinks will be fine for the TD04, and you can max out the vf39/43/48 (all stock STI turbo's) with those injectors.

You are in CA so that gives me two assumptions. You are close to sea level and you have crappy CA91 octane gas.

The lower you are in elevation the more gas you use, and the lower octane the more gas you need (lower air:fuel ratio) as you raise boost.

With those factors accounted for, you'll be getting pretty close to maxing out those injectors even with the TD04. Personally, you can go pretty much as high as 1000cc before you get into idle issues, so I would just order up some deatschwerks 750's and call it a day. Reliability isn't really an issue.

-Chris
#7 Old 08-13-2011, 03:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

ya cali sucks in all sorts of ways ha ha but i have a fp green a little bigger than the 39 so 750 for sure than are those injectors reliable?

#8 Old 08-14-2011, 01:28 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
You don't need "pinks" or brand new injectors. Buy a set of used 06+ WRX injectors and have them cleaned, flow tested and balanced. The 06+WRX injectors are 565cc and are readily available. The DW injectors are fine as well. They are used cores that have been refurbished and modified.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
#9 Old 08-14-2011, 06:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

black beast2 is an unknown
From what I've seen since I started on this site back in 08 is dumdum knows his stuff and has helped a lot of people out, but I'm not sure stock 06+ injectors are gonna be enough to get your FP green to its potential. I'd go with atleast 750's to get the most out of it.

I don't have to be mad to punch someone in the face!