Subaru WRX Forum banner

excited

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  black beast2 
#1 ·
so im excited i think i have my future motor all figured out i called outfront an went over what my options are an i think im going to go with a brand new 2.5 shortblock with forged pistons and send my 2.0 heads in to get the combustion chambers opened up a bit with some porting an a full rebuild i got a question though where is a good place to get pink injectors i dont want used

#6 ·
Honestly the pinks will be fine for the TD04, and you can max out the vf39/43/48 (all stock STI turbo's) with those injectors.

You are in CA so that gives me two assumptions. You are close to sea level and you have crappy CA91 octane gas.

The lower you are in elevation the more gas you use, and the lower octane the more gas you need (lower air:fuel ratio) as you raise boost.

With those factors accounted for, you'll be getting pretty close to maxing out those injectors even with the TD04. Personally, you can go pretty much as high as 1000cc before you get into idle issues, so I would just order up some deatschwerks 750's and call it a day. Reliability isn't really an issue.

#8 ·
You don't need "pinks" or brand new injectors. Buy a set of used 06+ WRX injectors and have them cleaned, flow tested and balanced. The 06+WRX injectors are 565cc and are readily available. The DW injectors are fine as well. They are used cores that have been refurbished and modified.

#9 ·
From what I've seen since I started on this site back in 08 is dumdum knows his stuff and has helped a lot of people out, but I'm not sure stock 06+ injectors are gonna be enough to get your FP green to its potential. I'd go with atleast 750's to get the most out of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.