Ej257 swap advice ### - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 11-14-2011, 03:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Simple, buy a new 2.0 shortblock... problem solved.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 11-14-2011, 09:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

02RexWgn is an unknown
Ill be staying away from the 2.5L. The cars a daily and i dont care about making more power than stock. I was only looking at the 2.5 as an alternative if it wasnt that much more expensive but it is for what i use the car for. A brand new Subaru Shortblock is $2300 from my local dealer. Thats including a gasket kit. I think i can just put new OEM pistons in my current block and get the machine work done and come out way a head of what a new shortblock costs. Ill never be going for more power with this car.
#18 Old 11-15-2011, 05:57 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
^Then you are missing out. lol

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#19 Old 11-15-2011, 02:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02RexWgn View Post
Ill be staying away from the 2.5L. The cars a daily and i dont care about making more power than stock. I was only looking at the 2.5 as an alternative if it wasnt that much more expensive but it is for what i use the car for. A brand new Subaru Shortblock is $2300 from my local dealer. Thats including a gasket kit. I think i can just put new OEM pistons in my current block and get the machine work done and come out way a head of what a new shortblock costs. Ill never be going for more power with this car.
$2300, damn I'd be looking else where. I bought one for a car and it was only $1800 shipped. Maybe prices have gone up, but if your just looking to keep it stock and drive it then I'd just go that route. Trust me when I say that for machine work, replacement pistons gasket kit and various odds and ends it's cheaper to go with a factory short block, plus you get a warranty.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#20 Old 11-15-2011, 08:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by psinuse View Post
$2300, damn I'd be looking else where. I bought one for a car and it was only $1800 shipped. Maybe prices have gone up, but if your just looking to keep it stock and drive it then I'd just go that route. Trust me when I say that for machine work, replacement pistons gasket kit and various odds and ends it's cheaper to go with a factory short block, plus you get a warranty.
Prices did go up (aluminum prices shot up). I paid $1,800 shipped, twice. But that was years ago. Now they are +$2,200 retail. They can still be had cheaper than he was quoted.