Subaru WRX Forum banner

EJ20 open deck block

14K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  imbeterthanu 
#1 ·
a while ago, there were a few threads regaurding the strength of the EJ20 block. on a daily driver basis, can the factory open deck EJ20 take 350-375 AWHP? this would be attainable with a 2.2l stroker kit, FP Green or Deadbolt 20G turbo, and would only need an RA gear set in the trans. at 350 AWHP the car would be a force to recon with on the street, yet still very "streetable."

any thoughts? thye idea of spending the money on a motor swap is VERY un-apealing to me.

#3 ·
imbeterthanu said:
350awhp on stock internals no. it might last for about a week. but with the stroker kit yeah u should have problems with that. even with a FP green you should be able to produce more power then 350 whp.

so the block wont hold it? the stroker kit will take care of all the internals, and i dont see any issues with the heads, just the block.

#7 ·
the ej 205 its much stronger than people think , the key its the tuning , for instance ive seen sotckers with big turbos and all the supporting mods hitting close to 400whp and passing that mark (dyno jet) on race gas , what breaks easy is the tranny. my car for instance has the ej 205 w pistons and rods , all valve train stock ,big turbo , massive gadiel tuning , and all the supporting mods, its a day driver with 411whp and a night warrior with race fuel 508 whp . so dont under estimate the open deck , I havent and im having a blast for a year now with this power level, before thet withthe other set up my whp on pump was 360 and on race 437whp , remem ber no NOS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.