Subaru WRX Forum banner

EASIEST way to remove heads

32K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  LiL Shoaf 
#1 ·
what is the EASIEST way to remove the heads???? any help would be greatly appreciated...

#5 ·
FSM??? i got some manual cd that i bought of ebay that has covered everything i had questions about i just cant find anything about taking the heads off.... i guess ill just try my way and see what happens.....unless there is an easier way??? (assuming my way will actually work)

#7 ·
straight as a circle as far as having the information...... i still cant find it.... do i just unbolt the intake manifold, fuel rails, exhaust manifold, then unbolt the head from the block.... can the heads slide out then or no????

or do i actually have to take the entire intake manifold off the car???---i hope not

#9 ·
remove in this order and you should get it...
headers,intake as a whole unit, crossover water pipe, plastic cam covers, cam sprockets, rest of plastic cam covers, valve covers, cams and remember to mark the buckets with their positions as they are clearanced for that specific position, head bolts, heads will come off now with a soft hammer and some light force.
hope this helps

#18 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.