Done With Rebuild But Have Rev Issues - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 10-28-2008, 09:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

IAMROGER is on thin ice
look you dont have to get a tune you can run your stock injectors for almost up to 22psi i dont know who these have been talking to but im gunna guess they have never built there own shit i think your problem is the sensors on the tumblers your best bet is to just delete them , the only thing with that is you will have a check engine light stays on

but i have a fully built 2.5 with 2.0 heads with the following mods, ceramic headers wih external wastegate and perrin down pipe, turbo intake ,perrin fuel rails, greddy front mount wit greddy type rs bov , ported turbo inlet , tumbler deletes ,greddy electronic boost controller and i bumped my boost up to 20 psi also i have a stock ecu and injectors no tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 10-29-2008, 12:25 AM
WRXtuners Member

Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMROGER View Post
look you dont have to get a tune you can run your stock injectors for almost up to 22psi i dont know who these have been talking to but im gunna guess they have never built there own shit i think your problem is the sensors on the tumblers your best bet is to just delete them , the only thing with that is you will have a check engine light stays on

but i have a fully built 2.5 with 2.0 heads with the following mods, ceramic headers wih external wastegate and perrin down pipe, turbo intake ,perrin fuel rails, greddy front mount wit greddy type rs bov , ported turbo inlet , tumbler deletes ,greddy electronic boost controller and i bumped my boost up to 20 psi also i have a stock ecu and injectors no tune
WOW... are you for real? Your car must run like crap. How long have you been driving your car like this? Your injectors are maxed out for sure and I bet your AFR's are lean as hell. Stock turbo still? Did you upgrade the fuel pump? Seriously, are you for real?

My name is Ken and I am a HP Junkie.
#18 Old 10-29-2008, 09:40 AM
WRXtuners Member

wrxgtr is more helpful than not
Send a message via Yahoo to wrxgtr
listening to IAMROGER = BOOOOOOOM !Cry!

seriously get the TGV's fixed,injectors and a tune and the car will be good to go

p.s might want to get a fuel pump too

MIKE
TUNED BY 555 MOTORSPORTS
visit me @ www.myspace.com/subienews
#19 Old 10-29-2008, 10:01 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:

Your an idiot.You obviosly don't have a wideband or know ANYTHING about tuning vehicles including Subarus.Plus the OP is running a much larger than stock turbo.Stock injectors are only 420cc and even with me running 5psi over base pressure I can max out my injectors with the stock turbo running 20psi in the midrange.There are also about 12 CEL/DTC's associated with the TGV's.Half of them cause the vehicle to run in a lowered state of tune because the ECU things they are stuck shut.Not to mention the stock map scaling will not accomodate a boost load of over 15psi.You have to rescale the fueling and timing maps.Dude you are a monkey with a wrench......

WRX Fuel injector sizing guide STi Fuel injector sizing guide Lgt fuel injector sizing guide, JSC Speed
Turbo FAQ: Read if you are thinking of upgrading! - NASIOC
Injector, Fuel Pump, and Fuel Rail FAQ: Read if you are thinking of upgrading! - NASIOC

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!

Last edited by dumdum; 10-29-2008 at 11:09 AM.
#20 Old 10-30-2008, 01:42 AM
WRXtuners Member

IAMROGER is on thin ice
ok look guy we can set here and talk shit all day but im pretty sure ive built more than one of these engines so yall might wanna stop talkin to the mechanics that know nothing
#21 Old 10-30-2008, 02:14 AM
WRXtuners Member

tuner ready is an unknown
Grammar? Spelling?...
#22 Old 10-30-2008, 06:01 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
ok look guy we can set here and talk shit all day but im pretty sure ive built more than one of these engines so yall might wanna stop talkin to the mechanics that know nothing
Big deal.I have been wrenching on cars for almost 20 years and have built many motors.Building motors and tuning OBD II ECU's are two totally different things.Thats what you don't seem to understand.It's common knowledge that stage 2 2.0L WRX's even with EM (leans out the AFR mixture) still run out of injector around 17-18psi and going towards redline.This is common knowledge in the Subaru community that has been documented by tons of enthusiests and professional tuners.Your running a 2.5L block with 2.0L injectors at 20psi.There is a reason the 06+ WRX's come with 565cc injectors.I tune using a wideband O2 for AFR readings and a laptop to datalog.Read these,then come back and talk to me...

Amazon.com: How to Tune and Modify Engine Management Systems (Motorbooks Workshop): Jeff Hartman: Books

Amazon.com: Engine Management: Advanced Tuning: Greg Banish: Books

Amazon.com: Maximum Boost: Designing, Testing, and Installing Turbocharger Systems (Engineering and Performance): Corky Bell: Books

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
#23 Old 11-03-2008, 11:25 AM
Vew

Vew is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Vew
Quote:
Even if you managed to get the car running with all the mods you say, and by shear luck, it doesn't run like absolute hell, it is still dangerous and not the proper way to mod a vehicle. Suggesting tips like this to people, especially people that are still fairly new to modifying their cars shows a lack of responsibility and respect to your fellow tuners.

Frankly, for new members to post such garbage give moderators the impression that you are just trolling in our forum and will be dealt with accordingly. However, if you are not and legitimately are here to learn and share knowledge with others, then take a lesson from this thread and people may be a bit more accepting down the road.

Jon
"We live for a good time, not a long time."
RIP Colin McRae
#24 Old 11-03-2008, 11:31 AM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Well said View. A reminder that the topic is not debating IAMROGER's knowledge level, but instead helping bluesubiaz fix his ride.

*points to the "stay on topic" sign*

*adamantly*

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#25 Old 11-23-2008, 10:54 AM
WRXtuners Member

bluesubiaz is an unknown
Thank All Of You For All Your Help. Im sorry to say that im now looking for a new motor i was driving home form work one day and stopped at a stop sign and it quit. just before it was making a ticking noise on the left side of the motor only at 3200rpms, at 3100 nothing and 3300 nothing. i tryed to turn it over and can clearly here the starter stuggling. a friend of mine said i might have hydrolock so i pulled the plugs and tryed to turn it over and the same thing happened. i think it probably leaned out and basically welded my pistons to my cylinder walls. so next time i deside to rebuild a motor im going to not try to save money on cheap park and not even turn it over till it sitting in a tuning shop, most likely DYNOCOMP.
#26 Old 11-24-2008, 11:37 AM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Damn man, sorry to hear that. Hopefully, you'll get her back soon.