Subaru WRX Forum banner

Decisions, Decisions....

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  2006WRXTR 
#1 ·
Allright guys, i originally posted this on NASIOC and didn't get much help. I need some help making a decision. So i need your feedback.

I have a brand new 2.5L STi block with no pistons in it sitting at my house. I have a set of slightly lower compression Supertech pistons, or i also have a set of one-off custom Arias pistons that will turn the motor into a 2.65L block (with sleves of course). I can't decide which one i should do.

The 2.5L will ulitmately give me more top end due to being able to rev higher, but extra displacement down low is always good too. The 2.5L would be much cheaper as all i have to do is drop in the pistons and put it in the car, where as the 2.65L would need to be bored, sleved, etc ($$$) to make it work.

What are your opinions on the 2.5L vs. the 2.65L? anyone running a 2.65L motor that could give me some insight to help me decide? I'm just not sure if .15L of dispacement is worth all the money and effort when i know a 2.5L (especially with the upgraded pistons) will make really good power. I mean I understand the pros and cons of each setup, just wondering what you guys thought.

I need support from my fellow power junkies!!! Help!!

--Squid

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.