Subaru WRX Forum banner

choices and info on what to do with 03 2.0?

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  08BlueRex 
#1 ·
Hi my name is Bobby, and i have an 03 wrx. im pretty positive the rings are done for and am needing advice as of what to do? Do I.... pay someone to rebuild and who???.... me pulling engine and taking it to a rebuilder and who?? just at a stand still till i figure out what is the best cost effective thing to do? plus i dont have alot of time to tackle it myself, if I did i would jump right in. some needed advice and help with who to contact would be GREATLY appreciated. thanks so much Bobby

#2 ·
Whats your budget for something like? What do you use or plan to use the car for? A popular rebuild option for the 2.0 guys is the "hybrid" setup". Just google it or search it on here and it will pull up info about it.

#3 ·
after researching the hybrid build its just too costly and plus this is my daily driver. I have already installed a 16g, cobb v2, down and uppipe, intake, 565cc deutchwerks injectors, 255 walboro.. so kinda wanna keep it like this, plus the car has never ran correctly with all these parts due to my bad rings ( because of my cat in the stock uppipe clogging a long time ago therefore ruining rings. so im kinda needin info as of maybe who could rebuild it? maybe aftermarket pistons? sorry such a long story but im just sooo ready to get it running like its suppose to finally.

#5 ·
I could do the rebuild for you too, but since you are in Kansas, you might try getting a shortblock from Welcome Duners. I got one from them shipped to N.M. for a little over a grand last year. It has stock internals with higher quality race bearings. I've put 33k on it so far and it's great. I also sent them my heads for the valve work, and that ran me under $400 with shipping. Add in a gasket set ($150 from them) and you have a new EJ20 for around $1500-$1600. That's probably the most cost effective way, short of doing the whole thing yourself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.