Subaru WRX Forum banner

Cam gears for 02 WRX

7K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  trek98xc 
#1 ·
are there available adjustable cam gears for the 02 WRX...if so what brand and wher can I get them...BTW my cam gears and covers shattered due to a frontal colllision thats why I am thinking of replacing them with aftermarket. If ther isnt one availble then I would proceed to order the OEM from the dealer. Thanks guys!

#3 ·
Im sure there are companies out there that make adj cam gears for the ej20, although there is really no reason to install them on theses motors. cam gears dont offer a whole lot of performance gains, and unless you have access to a dyno for real cheap it isnt worth the extra 10hrs to find the right combo of cam timing to squeeze out an extra 15-20 hp. The porche engines that Ive built have infinitely adj cams and they are more a pain than anything else. But if you're gonna build a sick motor try finding them. Id be really interested to see the gains
Jason:cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.