Subaru WRX Forum banner

built ej205

9K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  IAMROGER 
#1 ·
Im thinking about building my 2.0. Does any one know of someone doing this. I can get a set of cp pistons and a set of BC rods for cheap. I have been looking all over the net looking for some one that has built a EJ205. I have also looked at the 2.5 swap, but i never really seen a built 2.0. i guess these rods can handle 600hp. would a 2.0 crank hold that? i can build my 2.0 for the price of a 2.5 bottom end. just not sure what way to go. I know people are going to say the 2.5 will spool a turbo faster...i can get the pistons and rods for $600 and bc 272 cams for $400..... and i have the trans coverd...i just bought a Kazz gear set.......any one have links or somthing on a built 2.0 usdm version.. thanks!

#3 ·
Not sure how much effort you have put into looking but it's been done a ton of times on NASIOC and I-club.The WRX has been in the states longer than the STi.The 2.5L block wasn't even an option for a couple of years.I would have to search just like you to find the links...

#4 ·
^ now that you mention it, i had a guy contact me on NASIOC about 7 months ago trying to sell me engine work on my motor. So i would imagine that would be a better bet as far as gathering information.

Too, you can find build kits on the brian crower website. Although i should have said this earlier. but thats just a prime example of what drinking on a week night will do to you. forgetfulness and slow to think .

#7 ·
Mosc, that's exactly what I was thinking. But, I have one question to that...because I believe at least one member on these boards did a EJ207 swap. I think he had to change his ecu though. Would that be necessary?

#9 ·
wrxman420;206010Kazz gearset (I hear they are as good as stock and RA gears)[/QUOTE said:
Where did you here that from lol. They can handle 500whp there stright cut lol i know some one personally that has a 35r and runs thoes gears......well maybe ther are diff kinds of gears kazz makes. But the ones I have they are alot beefyer than stock and ther stright cut.

Any ways thanks for the info guys

#10 ·
ok look guys the best build out there is the ej25 with 2.0 heads but you have to run arp head studs and a 101mm head gasket
there are no issue's with is built trust ive been running with it for a while and with just a stock turbo and maybe a few bolt ons i could bark the tires into fourth gear so

if you dont trust anyone or cant find anything i might be able to help

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.