Subaru WRX Forum banner

Bottom End

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  nick4592 
#1 ·
I was wondering how much HP can the stock bottom end can take and list the head as well if you know i have been trying to search this all day found nothing. TYIA

#2 ·
The stock 2.0L is not the strongest out there..

The stock rods blow...

As for the most it will hold. That's a hard question to answer as it verrys from car to car.. Most will say 300 or so..

#3 ·
It does really depend on a lot....supporting mods will help the stock internals stand up to more abuse....but if you try pushing much more than 20psi you will start breaking stuff...the stock heads are very good from the factory but the same can't be said for the rods and pistons...the STI's stock rods are great outta the box if you can get those.

#5 ·
Trance said:
i want to be around 350 to 400
K...that is possible on stock Ej20 internals...you will need all supporting mods (Fuel rails, good tune, etc) to do it reliably...you will need a 18G or bigger turbo, FMIC...it will run ya around 10K for the engine and Drivetrain to make 350-400whp.

I recommend a dog box tranny just because they don't break...ever

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.