Subaru WRX Forum banner

Bore of STi Cylinders

4K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  rex-ya 
#1 ·
I am going to go with forged internals as well as the GT35R turbo in my 04 STi. I am not planning on boring out my cylinders at all. Does any one know what the bore and cubic inches of the stock STi cylinders are? Thanks

#4 ·
You'll have to find an engine builder or machine shop and price them out. If you're gonna do this you should be prepared to spend some money. You can do it on the cheap side, just throw some forged con-rods and pistons in and call it a day, or... You can bore the cylinders, knife-edge the crank, and have the whole thing balanced and blueprinted. More money, but at the very least you'll know the thing was done right and have an idea of what it can take.

#5 ·
o believe me I am doing this right, over the winter I am planning on doing extesive mods after i get the engine build done. As far as the engine goes though, I am going with cobbs rods and pistons, new main bearings, and rod bearings. I first need to find a reputable shop around here to do this. Does anyone know of any shops in minnesota or not too far from it that could handle this job?

#10 ·
Also, I am going to be running a considerable amount of boost, and am expecting 500+hp after the UTEC with a tune. I have a feeling that if i miss a shift with 500 hp, my stock tranny might shred like tissue paper. I'm not a bad driver, but accidents can happen/ I have heard of people cryo treating their trannys. Would this be a good investment?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.