Boo's 5 year plan. Let's talk internals! (get in here Keith, Kirt, John...exct) - Page 3 - Subaru WRX Forum
 29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#31 Old 10-15-2013, 01:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

06_hawk_eye is an unknown
Built Wrx vs a sti? I like the 5 year plan pay off my Wrx and get an sti such a better build platform. I've thought about building my Wrx but in the long run it would be more beneficial to pay off my Wrx and get an sti later on.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 10-15-2013, 01:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosc View Post
If you want a 6-speed, you should seriously consider (price out) selling your car and getting an STi.
Where have I heard this before????..

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#33 Old 10-15-2013, 02:22 PM
Premium Member

boo-key bear is known to be trustworthy and helpful boo-key bear is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Quote:
If you want a 6-speed, you should seriously consider (price out) selling your car and getting an STi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06_hawk_eye View Post
Built Wrx vs a sti? I like the 5 year plan pay off my Wrx and get an sti such a better build platform. I've thought about building my Wrx but in the long run it would be more beneficial to pay off my Wrx and get an sti later on.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
:eek:NO way in hell im selling my car that's paid off to jump into a 300+ (depending on year)per month car payment! :what:
Nathan21 likes this.

Adair
06' wrx tr
Phatbotti tuned!
#34 Old 10-15-2013, 03:09 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
If money is that tight, you probably shouldn't be looking into a 350whp daily driver. Just sayin'

Cheap, Reliable, Fast: Pick two

you gotta pay to play

pick your analogy

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#35 Old 10-15-2013, 03:11 PM
Premium Member

boo-key bear is known to be trustworthy and helpful boo-key bear is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Just bought a ej255 short block from a 09lgt. Came from a friend that works at a dealer who replaced it cause the oil light came on. They said it was running and wasn't knocking when it was pulled.

Adair
06' wrx tr
Phatbotti tuned!
#36 Old 10-15-2013, 03:13 PM
Premium Member

Nathan21 is an unknown
I can't agree more with adair!! depending on what you make off your wrx its still going to be pricy, almost or over 40K for a new sti to start off new and clean with, even a used for high 20s low 30s.
Also if your planning on doing this, your better off just parking your wrx, paying for something you don't drive, keep the value up on it, then once your done paying for the peace of metal in your garage the go get an sti.
Sorry guys rant over

Nathan
2011 WRX Premium
2012 Fozzy
1979 C3
Anti-BOV Gang!
#37 Old 10-15-2013, 03:26 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
If money is that tight, you probably shouldn't be looking into a 350whp daily driver. Just sayin'

Cheap, Reliable, Fast: Pick two

you gotta pay to play

pick your analogy
Cmon mosc...lol. Money is tight but, this is a 5 year plan which makes things a lot easier. I know I can afford it spread out over that amount of time.

My wrx is not my daily driver guys.

Adair
06' wrx tr
Phatbotti tuned!
#38 Old 10-15-2013, 03:27 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
If you put this money for 5 years into an account rather than dumping it into your WRX, you can then sell the WRX and buy an STi without a car payment. Clearly you're talking about a large amount of money if it included a built motor and 6-speed.
Nathan21 likes this.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#39 Old 10-15-2013, 03:43 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
If you put this money for 5 years into an account rather than dumping it into your WRX, you can then sell the WRX and buy an STi without a car payment. Clearly you're talking about a large amount of money if it included a built motor and 6-speed.
Not gonna happen! Its also about a hobbie, not just instant gratifaction. Built not bought!
Nathan21 and texasmr2 like this.

Adair
06' wrx tr
Phatbotti tuned!
#40 Old 10-15-2013, 04:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

texasmr2 is a helpful contributing member
Quote:
Originally Posted by boo-key bear View Post
Not gonna happen! Its also about a hobbie, not just instant gratifaction. Built not bought!
FINALLY someone else who actually understands that the journey is just as important/enjoyable as the goal.

NEVER EVER build your car based upon others opinions of what you should do. Be patient and acquire the best parts while gaining knowledge along the way.

Kudos .
boo-key bear and Nathan21 like this.
#41 Old 10-15-2013, 05:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmr2 View Post
FINALLY someone else who actually understands that the journey is just as important/enjoyable as the goal.

NEVER EVER build your car based upon others opinions of what you should do. Be patient and acquire the best parts while gaining knowledge along the way.

Kudos .
Hey we are trying to save him money...
arewmors likes this.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#42 Old 10-16-2013, 07:00 PM
Premium Member

Garage
How do you tell what position and what size bearings you need? How will I know if I can reuse the crank? The ej255 from a 09 legacy gt is the exact same short block as mine in my 06 isn't it?

Adair
06' wrx tr
Phatbotti tuned!
#43 Old 10-17-2013, 06:51 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
How do you tell what position and what size bearings you need? How will I know if I can reuse the crank? The ej255 from a 09 legacy gt is the exact same short block as mine in my 06 isn't it?
Nevermind...I found the answers I was looking for. I also found this video that is very informative for anyone like myself that's learning the basics of building a Subaru engine.
psinuse, man show, turmic and 2 others like this.

Adair
06' wrx tr
Phatbotti tuned!
#44 Old 10-17-2013, 07:17 AM
WRXtuners Member

Good find. I wish there had been a video like that when I started on mine. Granted I have years of building experience, but nothing like a Subaru though.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#45 Old 10-17-2013, 09:38 AM
WRXtuners Member

LW_Black4 is more helpful than not
Garage
Quote:
I also found this video that is very informative for anyone like myself that's learning the basics of building a Subaru engine.
This is an AWESOME share!

Laszlo - blue '04 WRX
Meet the turbocharged rally-bred Subaru WRX.
blue '09 STi - lease return