LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 05-26-2011, 03:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

jimbo058 is an unknown
9.999 @ 92 ??? Must have gears out of farm tractor {-;]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 05-26-2011, 03:55 PM

wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to
Don't believe anything you read on the internet
LW_Black4 likes this.
#18 Old 05-27-2011, 05:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Thanks wagonracer and the Timeslip function on this forum are way off. It won't post anything above 10 seconds. So, that's why everyone on here has a 9.999 quarter mile time.

I can't remember which Cams that all you had to do was remove a screw to make it AVCS compatiable. Eh, should've just bought AVCS cams in the first place. !Notfunny!

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#19 Old 08-02-2012, 07:15 AM
WRXtuners Member

jeepin48 is an unknown
Can AVS to get stuck in or out of position

Does anyone know if it is possible for the AVS to get stuck in or out of position.

My 2006 wrx 110k is making a kind of tick or almost cracked exhaust manifold leak type sound. It is only noticeable at low rpm up to 1500 and is less noticeable on cold start up. It tends to idle a bit rougher also. I changed the timing belt, tensioner, idlers, both belts, and spark plugs, and it has no effect. Besides a bent valve or AVS malfunction, I am stuck.
#20 Old 08-08-2012, 09:00 AM
WRXtuners Member

Hondafan is a helpful contributing member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepin48 View Post
Does anyone know if it is possible for the AVS to get stuck in or out of position.

My 2006 wrx 110k is making a kind of tick or almost cracked exhaust manifold leak type sound. It is only noticeable at low rpm up to 1500 and is less noticeable on cold start up. It tends to idle a bit rougher also. I changed the timing belt, tensioner, idlers, both belts, and spark plugs, and it has no effect. Besides a bent valve or AVS malfunction, I am stuck.
Um, yeah, kind of. It's triggered by a solenoid and I guess if that solenoid froze up it could, but your car would run like a turd at low RPM. Both of the possibilities you've mentioned sound completely intelligent. I'm just trying to think if you could manually send power to the AVCS solenoid and get it back. The car would run way better in the stuck "off" mode than the stuck "on" mode.

#21 Old 08-08-2012, 10:23 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
What he is describing is also the subaru valve tap. Your valves are probably getting worn and the lash isn't quite right anymore. Where is wagonracer...he knows the estimated time that the valves and lash should be adjusted.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#22 Old 08-10-2012, 03:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

jeepin48 is an unknown
I have came across something really shocking! (read previous post of my problem)

After racking my brain on what could be causing the strange ticking noise from the drivers side of the engine, I came up with a new testing criteria. I notice that most of the time it ticks when I come to a stop and let it idle. But one day when I was “getting on it” I notice that the noise went away. !!! I traced it back to how I decelerate. If I come down from a high rpm (5000rpm) and heavy down shift and come to a stop it will not tick. If I come down from the same rpm and just push in the clutch and come to a stop it will tick. To me it sounds like the AVS is sticking and it needs some type of back pressure to kick out.

If anyone else has a similar noise, Please try it and see if it is the same for you.