Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   Cylinder Head & Short Block (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f103/)
-   -   450whp from ej20 what parts should I get? (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f103/450whp-ej20-what-parts-should-i-get-19780/)

bluesubiaz 08-15-2007 08:15 PM

450whp from ej20 what parts should I get?

I dont want to do a stroker kit, just wondering what pistons and connecting rods to get, website links would be awsome. thanks

Scooby2006 08-15-2007 08:19 PM

cosworth connecting rods and pistons would be the best for you application.. Im not sure of the website but if you google it it will be fine

bluesubiaz 08-15-2007 08:22 PM

Thanks Ill Look Into It.

suddenthomas 08-15-2007 08:57 PM

Eagle rods and keith black pistons! Its a little cheaper than going Cosworth!

bluesubiaz 08-15-2007 10:07 PM

You Wouldnt happen to have web site links would you?
I priced cosworth stuff and im looking at about $3600.00 before labor but thats all really good stuff.

wrxman420 08-15-2007 10:11 PM

dam 3600, you could get a good 2.5l shortblock from axis power racing for that much!

Jave 08-16-2007 10:42 AM

Yeah I am wondering why you have to be able to get it out of a 2.0l?

mosc 08-16-2007 03:26 PM

[QUOTE=Jave;165783]Yeah I am wondering why you have to be able to get it out of a 2.0l?[/QUOTE]

rally limit = 2.0L

course, if you're building a custom rally motor, you're better off just buying it from suby for $75k. While you're at it get their sweet ass tiptronic.

LiL Shoaf 08-16-2007 06:26 PM

I hope your thinking about Darton Sleeves as well to hold the flow rate and boost level of the turbo your going to need to push that much power.. Also, can I suggest building for TQ rather then HP as it looks like you want to build for rally hance the 2.0..

CP pistons are nice, a full set with wrist pins ran me about 400.00... Look into Axis Power Racing.. They have a website.. Ron is a great guy and will hook you up...

nightcrawler 09-02-2007 08:33 PM

how much will the 2.0L hold as far as torque? reason i ask is because i want to put the sti injectors, turbo and tmic with the cobb tune (350hp) on my 04 wrx.

LiL Shoaf 09-02-2007 10:22 PM

Honestly that all depends on your driving style, conditions, maitnence, the build up itself.. Way too many variables.. One car could hold 450 while another might blow at 400..

mystilexzero 09-03-2007 12:19 AM

just a question, if i were to build a daily driver 300 whp car, pump gas, do you think it would be wise to upgrade my pistons and rods? i can build a 300 whp car before christmas and then i would save for ppg tranny in 2008 summer and then finish it off with full suspension (coil overs, volks, carbon drive shaft everything) the following christmas, making my car a 1.5 year long project,

After that should i look into pistons and rods? i was hoping that by 2009 summer i can finish my car off with a carbon hood, carbon trunk, carbon mirrors, basiclly lighten up the whole car, but if the stock pistons and rods will die out before my tranny then maybe i would do those upgrades first.

I know ALOT deals with driving habits so ill let you guys decide, im 19 years old, spend 2 years building my eclipse, when i build things i build it right and i definately take my time, i LOVE to baby my car when i have passengers and just regular driving, I LOVE to drive hard when its the middle of the night and no one is on the road, its like drugs, you cant do it all the time but when you do once in a while it definately feels great. so i maybe drive my car hard every other day for maybe 5-15 minutes, nothing special just a little spiritual driving to help me remember what i did to the car.

I dont street race, i dont drag race at the track, i dont autocross, however i do LOVE this mountain pass nearby and its very fun to drive in the middle of the night, and thats about it.

sorry to jack the thread if i did =/

LiL Shoaf 09-03-2007 04:49 PM

THere are several subarus out there running 300whp on stock internals.. I've been in a few personally that have had no issues with the internals..

As for the CF, do some research, the Subaru is mostly alumn and those parts will not gain you any weight reduction.. Just bling.. If that's what you want the go for it, if you want to drop some lbs then spend the money on lighter wheels, driveshaft, and other stuff like that..

Bendejo 09-22-2007 03:14 PM

You're going to need much more than just a built bottom end. Head work will be necessary, cams, p&p, and valvetrain. Beyond that the fuel system will need to be addressed, just 850cc inj, 255lph fuel pump and EM. If your rallying might consider a dogbox tranny, around 10K. Just remember that you will be getting a turbo that will hit late in the rpm range 4k(if your lucky) and up.

Imprt4life 09-22-2007 03:46 PM

[URL="http://www.crawfordperformance.com/"]http://www.crawfordperformance.com/[/URL]

Call em' up and tell them what you want to do. It seems you want a lot of power but your gonna need a lot of things. They'll know what to do for you