• 1 Post By arewmors
  • 2 Post By BLAZE2099

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 11-06-2014, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

2015subi is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to 2015subi
2015 bov?

Hey guys I'm trying to get a really nice blow out valve sound, I really wanna hear my turbo more, I found this

http://turboxs.com/shop/blow-off-valve/395-2015-subaru-wrx-rfl-blow-off-valve-type-xs.html

IS this a good investment for my car? If not are there easier ways to achieve the BOV sound? Maybe intake silencer delete? Anything?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 11-06-2014, 06:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

Epictofer is known to be trustworthy and helpful Epictofer is known to be trustworthy and helpful Epictofer is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
No this is not a good choice for your car. Really your stock bpv (bypass valve) is what you need to keep up there. Blow off valves vent to atmosphere, and out cars are tuned off the mass air flow sensor. this means some of the air thats being metered by the MAF isnt getting into the motor. that creates a rich condition. The intake that your waiting on to come out will greatly increase the sound of your turbo and stock BPV. If you must have that sound(thats all its good for) try and find a adjustable recirculating BPV with a small vent to atmosphere to minimize the rich condition. the cobb XLS BPV is a good choice and i also hear good things about Go Fast Bits recirc BPV.
Fidrat and BLAZE2099 like this.
post #3 of 13 Old 11-06-2014, 06:58 PM
WRXtuners Member

Fidrat is a helpful contributing member
Where did you hear a bov on a Subaru? It's a good bet it was on a car that the owner didn't know squat about Subies. They cause nothing but problems.

Here is a good thread on the subject. Read all of it. Especially look at the video I posted on the second page. BOV problems
Epictofer likes this.

All right, where is the distributor cap? I need to find the #1 plug wire to hook up my SUN machine.

post #4 of 13 Old 11-06-2014, 06:59 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

2015subi is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epictofer View Post
No this is not a good choice for your car. Really your stock bpv (bypass valve) is what you need to keep up there. Blow off valves vent to atmosphere, and out cars are tuned off the mass air flow sensor. this means some of the air thats being metered by the MAF isnt getting into the motor. that creates a rich condition. The intake that your waiting on to come out will greatly increase the sound of your turbo and stock BPV. If you must have that sound(thats all its good for) try and find a adjustable recirculating BPV with a small vent to atmosphere to minimize the rich condition. the cobb XLS BPV is a good choice and i also hear good things about Go Fast Bits recirc BPV.

Thank you for all the info! I appreciate the help
post #5 of 13 Old 11-06-2014, 07:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
You will also get more of that BPV noise from the Cobb SF intake. Its enough that you hear it in the cabin but its not loud enough to get any unwanted attention.
Epictofer likes this.

- Jason
Slow is Smooth > Smooth is Fast
post #6 of 13 Old 11-06-2014, 09:04 PM

boo-key is a WRX expert worth listening to boo-key is a WRX expert worth listening to boo-key is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Here is a read to provide some insight into bov's. Blow Off Valves 101 congrats on the 2015!

This thread should be in the 08+ bolt on section and not cylinder head/shortblock.

Adair
06' wrx tr
Phatbotti tuned!
post #7 of 13 Old 11-06-2014, 09:31 PM
WRXtuners Member

thekamikaze kid is a helpful contributing member
i had a bov on my car when i bought it (along with a perrin intake that the car wasnt tuned for) that i changed. the bov wont kill your car but your engine will be happier without one. it does sound cool, will confuse pedestrians and make your car sound ultra potent but you will EF up stuff. good luck it is your car!
post #8 of 13 Old 11-07-2014, 05:44 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
My vote is to stay stock or go with a cobb XLE. I ran 50/50 on my cobb with no issues. It's a well designed part.
TurboXS is of the worst along with HKS. Those two companies are great for many other parts. Just not BOV's.
Somewhere in recent years, Subaru got rid of the silencer, so I wouldn't bother looking for it. Unless they went bass Akwards. I would agree that any intake bought aftermarket will land you enough sound to keep you happy. If you're planning on going with a cobb access port. Than get a Cobb intake or an aem.
As for the specific maps they make for your car, I can't speak to that exactly, as I drive a 2011.
Pay extra close attention to the map notes, you NEED to follow them 100%
And finally... Read this and report back
Unabomber's Manifesto - NASIOC
man show and arewmors like this.

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
post #9 of 13 Old 11-08-2014, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

2015subi is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZE2099 View Post
My vote is to stay stock or go with a cobb XLE. I ran 50/50 on my cobb with no issues. It's a well designed part.
TurboXS is of the worst along with HKS. Those two companies are great for many other parts. Just not BOV's.
Somewhere in recent years, Subaru got rid of the silencer, so I wouldn't bother looking for it. Unless they went bass Akwards. I would agree that any intake bought aftermarket will land you enough sound to keep you happy. If you're planning on going with a cobb access port. Than get a Cobb intake or an aem.
As for the specific maps they make for your car, I can't speak to that exactly, as I drive a 2011.
Pay extra close attention to the map notes, you NEED to follow them 100%
And finally... Read this and report back
Unabomber's Manifesto - NASIOC
I don't have an Sti tho the Cobb xle only first the Sti model of the wrx
post #10 of 13 Old 11-08-2014, 10:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
They will, all things will be out within the rolling year

Randy-
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
post #11 of 13 Old 11-09-2014, 12:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

General-Leo is more helpful than not
I Second the Cobb XLE whenever it comes out. I have one on my 13 and you have hear it chirp a little set to fully recirc. my friend has one with a an intake as well and you can hear his turbo spool a lot more if that is what you are looking for.

I too would love a BOV but avoid the headache lol.
BLAZE2099 likes this.
post #12 of 13 Old 11-14-2014, 11:38 AM
Premium Member

arewmors is more helpful than not
Garage
Go BOV Yourself!!!
BLAZE2099 likes this.

Andy - 12 WRB WRX
Tuned by Innovative Tuning
294 AWHP / 311 TQ
post #13 of 13 Old 11-14-2014, 01:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

^ that's a link, he's not being a dick.. Haha
man show and Haw1es like this.

Randy-
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew