Subaru WRX Forum banner

2.34L build

41K views 170 replies 11 participants last post by  LW_Black4 
#1 · (Edited)
So I have some parts lying around the garage and the wife wants me to "clean it up." So I am considering doing another 2.34L build, just the shortblock for now, and will use this thread as a means of showing the build progress.
I happen to have a used, but in great condition 2.0L crank, 05STi block and a set of STi rods. Other than a bore and hone the block is in great shape and the rods were reconditioned units I got in a trade. So I will need some pistons, rings, bearings and other odds and ends.

Now with that being said the build will be slowed due to me having to work 2 jobs and an up coming surgery that will have me unable to do things for a couple of weeks. I will push forward and make it happen. I will sell this one to someone, who knows maybe one of the guys on here will that keep blowing motor will want it...:D I'll post some pictures when I get home tonight from work.

#16 ·
Well if that's the case do you have a preference on pistons? I used Wossner in mine, and was considering using them in this one. Also tuning for this motor is a fun fun fun job...hehe I also recommend a BIG turbo as my 20g just doesn't cut the mustard at higher RPMs... Do you want a 9k redline or something more more mundane like 8k...???

#19 ·
Keith if it needs something bigger than a 20G, then its not for me. I honestly want to stick with my 20G for as long as it lasts, then if/when the time comes just run another one.

**And the wife just saw the thread/replies, lol so Im caught :((**

#20 ·
Well I run a 20g and it's fine til about 7200 then it starts to drop off, maybe even before then. I am looking at a GT40 possibly for an upgrade soon. Meh just tell the wife it's a good idea to have a spare motor just in case...lol

#24 ·
Oh anytime. I have to take it 2.5hrs away to have the block machined since no one local will ever touch one of my blocks. Once I get it back I will post up some pics of everything.

#27 ·
Well I got the crank back from the machinist today and it turned out better than expected...

Please excuse the clutter in my computer room. I just finished unpacking some boxes I found in the basement and still trying to get stuff arranged right.!Notfunny!

Should be getting the rods back tomorrow. I will post them up once I get a chance. Pistons should be here within a few days. Stupid UPS taking forever to get me my stuff...:mad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.