Subaru WRX Forum banner

2.34L build

41K views 170 replies 11 participants last post by  LW_Black4 
#1 · (Edited)
So I have some parts lying around the garage and the wife wants me to "clean it up." So I am considering doing another 2.34L build, just the shortblock for now, and will use this thread as a means of showing the build progress.
I happen to have a used, but in great condition 2.0L crank, 05STi block and a set of STi rods. Other than a bore and hone the block is in great shape and the rods were reconditioned units I got in a trade. So I will need some pistons, rings, bearings and other odds and ends.

Now with that being said the build will be slowed due to me having to work 2 jobs and an up coming surgery that will have me unable to do things for a couple of weeks. I will push forward and make it happen. I will sell this one to someone, who knows maybe one of the guys on here will that keep blowing motor will want it...:D I'll post some pictures when I get home tonight from work.

#153 ·
Feathers ruffled enough by the storms we had here 2 weeks ago. I have been busy beyond busy to the point where I still have yet to get trans back in car or pretty much anything. Our gym had a tree go through the front window allowing rain and where ever else was in the parking lot to fly in. Pretty much ruined everything in the gym. As of yesterday the total is around $14,000 and growing. Insurance will pay for it, but it's going to be a few months before we are completely back up and running.

#155 ·
We will be okay and as I told Kirt, the gym down the road is allowing people from our gym to workout there free of charge until we get back up. Guy who owns it is a friend of mine. Since I've been gone I have blown up the Festiva and gotten a new ride...don't ask and I won't tell. I did get the trans back, but haven't had the time or energy to put it back in and pretty much come home every night and stare at my wonderful car sitting there motionless.

#157 ·
I do get reports from Kirt once in a while, so it's not like I left you guys completely. I also took on a new job and let my wife run the gym, plus I am putting together and event in August so that has taken up most of my free time as well. Military Fitness Challenge I have been working with all branches of the military and trying to make this a really great event.

We had some really nasty storms come through here, 90+mph winds and server lighting, thunder and rain. Even had 3 deaths in our own city. It was quite crazy here. we were with out power for 4-5 days in 100+ degree temps. lost everything in the fridge and slept down stairs with our dogs in there room...Trust me it's not as bad as it sounds they have it made..

#158 ·
Well let's see here;
1. Trans back in car and car running great...check
2. Bought another block to build up...check
3. Found a set of good heads for cheap...check
4. Happy about it...check
5. Profit...................................??????????????

#163 ·
So some of you that have read this thread are now wondering why I bought another motor....well me being me I love to tinker with stuff and try different way to construct things. Basically reinvent the wheel, but with a twist of lemon. So the new motor is a 98 EJ25 motor out of a leggy. I am going to build something different, something crazy and odd. Then stuff it in a 04 Impreza and turbocharge it. What am I going to build this time....Stick around and you will see......!Thumbs UpWTF

#164 ·
Figure I might as well bring this thread back from the dead. New project is in the works. Gonna take a 2.5L block and pair it up with a 1.6L crank. Gives roughly a 2.2L, but it will be 10-11k rpm capable, at least on paper. I will have to get some custom stuff for it, bearings, rods and odds and ends, but after doing some research don't think the 1.6L is very strong. Might have to look at getting a custom crank made and have it cut to the correct rod and main journal sizes... that will be big money though...

#168 ·
Yeah out of the 3 I have built all seem to be doing very well. Just going out on a limb and doing something else that keeps my mind moving...I'm one of those people with really bad ADDHDFPDQ or whatever the hell they call it. Basically I'm very hyper...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.