2.34L build - Page 6 - Subaru WRX Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#76 Old 08-26-2011, 07:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
It gets risky at 9k and I think I need to hit a track or two after I get some suspension bits on my car. I might even make the haul to a 1/4 mile drag strip. The 1/8 mile tracks are closer to me. Boo...

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#77 Old 08-26-2011, 08:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Risky? You and I have both experienced engine failure so we realize the chances taken. Trust me if we do meet up and you drive my car you'll see what I mean by reving it out...Once I get the GT40 on, and if the trans holds for a pass, I will probably get away with only having to shift once in the 1/8.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...

Last edited by psinuse; 08-27-2011 at 04:46 PM.
#78 Old 08-27-2011, 06:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Yeah, its why most people go dry sump at 9k rpms. Its mostly trying to keep the oil flow up to snuff at 9k. You need to cool it all down and keep it lubricated. (That is what she said) I don't like 1/8 miles...its too short.

Kirt
#79 Old 08-27-2011, 08:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
Yeah, its why most people go dry sump at 9k rpms. Its mostly trying to keep the oil flow up to snuff at 9k. You need to cool it all down and keep it lubricated. (That is what she said) I don't like 1/8 miles...its too short.
Well if I was road coursing it or drag racing it all the time I probably would go dry sump, but I don't drive it at 9k all the time so stock is fine. Heck I am even running a factory pick up tube.. and stock STi oil pan. I am thinking about buying a bigger oil cooler, but honestly I haven't seen the need since my oil temps don't get any higher than stock, even at the track.
I don't like 1/8mile either, but it's the closet track to me(about an 1hr. away) National Trails is 2hrs. away and I don't like that drive at all.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#80 Old 08-27-2011, 09:44 PM
WRXtuners Member

Gotcha

Kirt
#81 Old 08-29-2011, 08:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

Woo-hoo Oil pump got here today. I almost forgot I ordered it...
Brand new 11mm Oil pump. I don't think I will shim this one as I don't believe it's needed for this motor.
Attached Images

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#82 Old 08-29-2011, 09:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

Your making me forget which oil pump I am getting installed on my new engine.

Kirt
#83 Old 08-29-2011, 09:22 PM
WRXtuners Member

More than likely the same one I have pictured...It's used on 08-11 STi's and it replaced the 10mm used on previous models. I think it's because of the AVCS on both cams on the newer cars and it is better suited than the 12mm from everything I have read.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#84 Old 08-29-2011, 10:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

I hope...its only listed as OEM Oil Pump on my estimate....not what size.

Kirt
#85 Old 08-30-2011, 04:17 AM
WRXtuners Member

I'm pretty sure the part number for the new oil pumps supercede the old one. If not then I'd say your getting the 10mm.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#86 Old 08-30-2011, 08:54 AM
WRXtuners Member

Ah, that would be nice if they supercede the old part.

Kirt
#87 Old 08-30-2011, 10:10 AM
WRXtuners Member

see if it you can get a part number. Here are the part numbers for the 10mm and 11mm pumps.

Part# 15010AA300 10mm oil pump
Part# 15010AA360 11mm oil pump

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#88 Old 08-30-2011, 11:26 AM
WRXtuners Member

I'll look at it when I get the stuff in. I think I'm annoying my tuner with asking about updates. Thanks for the info though.

Update: I bugged him...lol, jesus he is going to hate me. I'm the buggy customer.

Update 2: They bought parts that are 2009 compatiable. So, that means I should have the 11mm oil pump.

Kirt

Last edited by turmic; 08-30-2011 at 12:48 PM.
#89 Old 08-30-2011, 04:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

So I was shopping around for a new scale to use to balance out my pistons and rods and this was one of the items that google found for me....!Laugh!
Gram Scales

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#90 Old 08-30-2011, 09:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

It looks like your taking up a hobby in cocaine trafficking with that scale.

Kirt