2.34L build - Page 5 - Subaru WRX Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#61 Old 08-22-2011, 07:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Well I'm still waiting on the new to get here. I've kind of been putting off doing anything right now due to so many things going on at work and trying to finish my fence for the puppies, plus going to the doctor to figure out when I am getting my gall bladder taken out...Huh I just seem to have no time anymore...I will get some pictures up when I get a chance. Again I apologize for my busy ass life at the moment..

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 Old 08-22-2011, 07:28 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Keith, just giving you a hard time. I know how life likes to get in the way sometimes. Just got to keep you honest, lol.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#63 Old 08-22-2011, 07:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
I will get pictures up soon, I am headed to the machine shop tomorrow after work and I will snap some photos of the block and pistons. My poor Subaru is just sitting there up on stands looking sad.
Also has anyone had a issue with the rear e-brake pads rubbing? I have the H6 brake upgrade and recently started having rubbing issues with the e-brake pads.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#64 Old 08-23-2011, 03:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

Well needless to say I am not going to make AGAIN today...I still have yet to leave work and the machine shop closes at 5...Stupid a$$ job, I need to quit and go on welfare like everyone else around here....

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#65 Old 08-23-2011, 06:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Isn't it sad that they could save money if they actually hired people to police welfare and food stamps? By kicking all the people off it that drive Escalades and Lexus cars and abuse the system.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#66 Old 08-23-2011, 06:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

Around here that would be 75% of the population. I am being serious. The actual number of welfare people here surpasses the working man 3:1. Of course you have 2nd and 3rd generation welfare families here that have never worked a day in there life, but say they are entitled to the money because the government owes it to them since they are unable to find jobs to support there 5 or 6 kids. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr......................Back on topic I don't wanna discuss welfare anymore.
So Kirt you interested in a nice 2.34L yet? I have had a few people actually contact me about it...hehe

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#67 Old 08-23-2011, 06:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Nope, I'll spin the big EJ257 out some more. My engine is suppost to be back at my tuner by next week.

Kirt
#68 Old 08-23-2011, 07:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

Cool, what's the redline going to be now with the head work and cams?

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#69 Old 08-23-2011, 09:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chad hasn't told me what it will be yet. But, he did say that it only makes sense to raise it with all the work done and that the Dom 3.0XTR would benefit me more with it be raised. He said he still likes the 2.5XTR. But, raising my redline will probably run the 2.5XTR out of breath. So, I guess I'll see in a few short weeks. I wouldn't think it's going to be more than 8k or 8.5k. 9k rpm really takes some more work to do it safely.

Kirt
#70 Old 08-26-2011, 05:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

Thumbs up

FINALLY!!!! got the chance to go to the machine shop and pick up my block. Once I get home from the gym I will post some pictures. Half tempted to start putting it together tonight, but I still need to find my damn dial bore gauge...Hope I didn't loan it out and have to buy another one...

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#71 Old 08-26-2011, 06:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

Score!!

Plus, keith...what is the big deal about this engine? That you keep harassing me about it. Its basically just more or less piston speed that is different. Am I correct?

Kirt
#72 Old 08-26-2011, 06:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

It's really just a big bored 2.0L. Higher piston speed than your 2.5L, but you can produce 4k worth of power band. Granted you need the right cams, turbo, etc., but when everything is going right with a 5 speed gear ratio you can rev to the moon. I just love giving you grief about it really. It's nothing special to be honest, just a fun, rev happy motor.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#73 Old 08-26-2011, 07:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

Well, I should be reving from 4k to at least 8k with my upgrades. So, more or less no difference.

Kirt
#74 Old 08-26-2011, 07:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

Yeah, but I will be making only slightly less torque, but more power for 4k. I'm talking a flat power band from 4.5k to 9k...Based on supporting mods of course. I should add that you could do higher RPM in all gears so you don't have to shift as much at the track..

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#75 Old 08-26-2011, 07:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

Okay sorry for the crappy pictures, but I had to use my phone and it's dark in the "assembly room". Freshly machined block and I even got around to installing the main bearings on both halves. Once I get the rods balanced I will attach them to the crank and drop them in. I will try and get better pictures if I can.
Attached Images

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...