2.34L build - Page 3 - Subaru WRX Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#31 Old 07-21-2011, 09:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Its all good.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 07-26-2011, 02:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Well took the block to the machine shop, and it's $30 a hole. I suppose I should count my lucky stars it wasn't more. They checked the bores and they were just out of spec...POOOP!!!, so I will just get .5mm bore and hone and be done with it. Everything else checked out good, deck is within spec as well as the crank bores so it looks like this thing is going a little better than expected. So Wossner will have a repeat customer later next week when I order my pistons...$550 the wife shouldn't notice that...lol
http://www.maperformance.com/wossner...sner-ej25.html

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#33 Old 07-26-2011, 09:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Are the wossners' forged?

Kirt
#34 Old 07-27-2011, 05:08 AM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Yes sir.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#35 Old 07-27-2011, 03:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

2618 alloy correct and not 4032 alloy? The latter being bad for forced induction applications.

Kirt
#36 Old 07-27-2011, 03:16 PM
WRXtuners Member

The ones I am ordering are 2618-T6, since it is a FI application. They do make them out of 4032-T6 also.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#37 Old 07-27-2011, 03:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

Nice

Kirt
#38 Old 07-27-2011, 03:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

They're Porsche Pistons...lol They are nice and I haven't got the normal piston slap in cold weather with them either...

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...

Last edited by psinuse; 08-03-2011 at 09:01 PM. Reason: grammar
#39 Old 07-27-2011, 08:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

I heard the same of Mahles that german manufactors use them, but then found out they really are a lot less reliable than CPs. Which is why I went with CP.

Kirt
#40 Old 07-27-2011, 09:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

Most go with CP, nothing wrong with that. I have never used Mahle so I don't have the experience with them. Like I said before I heard about Wossner from the Porsche guys I know and they really seem to be good. I am hoping I can get them soon so I can get my block back from the machine shop. I am having surgery on the 15th of August so I'd like to at least have all the parts before then and maybe even have the shortblock together.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#41 Old 07-28-2011, 09:23 PM
WRXtuners Member

What kind of surgery?

Kirt
#42 Old 07-29-2011, 05:12 AM
WRXtuners Member

Galll Bladder. I guess mine is full of gall stones and has to come out...

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#43 Old 07-29-2011, 08:13 AM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
^Have fun with that... My buddy had his removed and spicy foods kill him now. Other than that he's good to go.

He had a banana pepper and you would swear he just ate a ghost pepper.

-Chris
#44 Old 07-29-2011, 03:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcrsWetDream View Post
^Have fun with that... My buddy had his removed and spicy foods kill him now. Other than that he's good to go.

He had a banana pepper and you would swear he just ate a ghost pepper.
Well sadly mine is functioning properly, it's just full of stones and a few of them are rather large, so my doctor wants it out.

In other news the machine shop called me today and said since I have been using them for everything they'd cut me a deal and only charge me $20 a hole...

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...

Last edited by psinuse; 08-03-2011 at 09:05 PM. Reason: grammar and odd misspellings
#45 Old 07-29-2011, 07:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

Don't tell the wife that. $20 a hole or she might hit you upside the head.

Kirt