2.34L build - Page 10 - Subaru WRX Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#136 Old 10-26-2011, 05:10 AM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
How much? Those cam specs sound odd, but I'm sure I could work with them.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#137 Old 01-31-2012, 04:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
WOW I guess I forgot to really update this thread. Well this shortblock got finished and is currently sitting in my basement, don't ask. I have plans to swap out the motor in a WRX wagon if I can get one cheap enough, but I still need a set of heads to finish this motor out, but damn the prices are crazy for 2.0L heads anymore. Cheapest I've found was $375+$150shipping for heads with 6 bend valves. I'm hoping to find a wagon with a blown motor with heads I can use, but I'm not holding my breath. I still have to get my trans apart and rebuild in my current WRX, plus recovery from my surgery so things have been a bit on the slow side. Meh maybe this spring I will come across what I need, that or a winning lottery ticket...lol

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#138 Old 01-31-2012, 06:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
So you used a 2.0 block? I thought your typical 2.34 was a destroked 2.5l. Either way, yeah a good set of complete heads is running in the 650+ range these day. AVCS add another 100 or 200.

-Chris
#139 Old 01-31-2012, 07:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
He used a 2.5L block 2.0L heads are cheaper than 2.5L

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#140 Old 02-01-2012, 09:10 AM
WRXtuners Member

Yeah I used a 2.5L block, but I prefer to use 2.0L heads and have them ported out as they have a bit more meat in them. I am really hoping to get a wagon to do the swap to and hopefully use the heads on it. Man even WRX wagons with blown motors are still $4000+ what the hell is wrong with people, we are in a recession....

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#141 Old 02-01-2012, 05:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
You're feeling the pain my one friend is...he's looking for a used car and everyone is running high on prices. I guess people don't want to get rid of stuff in a recession, so they jack the price up? Who knows. This is on private sellers btw....not dealerships.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#142 Old 02-01-2012, 06:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

Well keep in mind I'm not looking in a large area either. The closet one to me is 87miles away which isn't to bad, but they want $5600 for a wagon with a blown motor...!?!?!?

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#143 Old 02-01-2012, 08:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
That's pretty bad

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#144 Old 02-01-2012, 09:18 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
That's pretty bad
Yeah the wife pretty much said that it was a bit to much. I have heard a rumor that a guy down the road from me has one with a blown trans that wants to sell and it's all stock. Might just see if I can talk to him about low prices...lol

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#145 Old 02-02-2012, 05:43 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Wouldn't it just benefit you to buy the 2.0 head NEW?

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#146 Old 02-02-2012, 07:17 AM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
I believe they are something like 600 apiece just for the castings new from subaru

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#147 Old 02-02-2012, 08:32 AM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by basco View Post
I believe they are something like 600 apiece just for the castings new from subaru
Yeah they are like $640 then shipping at that price aftermarket heads would be cheaper. I found a couple of sets, but they all have broken pieces or bend valves and they still want upwards of $400 plus shipping. It's called a recession people. I have money to spend, but you want retarded amounts for stuff I don't have to buy...People need to wake up and think a bit.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#148 Old 02-02-2012, 08:51 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Why you mad bro? LOL

Considering you are looking at getting a whole "spare car"... it's cheaper than what you've been seeing.

my 2¢

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#149 Old 02-02-2012, 12:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzr2874 View Post
Why you mad bro? LOL

Considering you are looking at getting a whole "spare car"... it's cheaper than what you've been seeing.

my 2¢
Well that's based on price. The ones that are in my price range have no motor to start with and the plan is to have the motor ready to drop in with limited down time. We shall see how things progress I'm still recovering from surgery so I'm not really able to do much for a couple more weeks...Boooooooooooooo...

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#150 Old 02-02-2012, 01:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

I'll keep an eye out.

Good luck

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3