2.34L build - Subaru WRX Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 07-12-2011, 08:19 AM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
2.34L build

So I have some parts lying around the garage and the wife wants me to "clean it up." So I am considering doing another 2.34L build, just the shortblock for now, and will use this thread as a means of showing the build progress.
I happen to have a used, but in great condition 2.0L crank, 05STi block and a set of STi rods. Other than a bore and hone the block is in great shape and the rods were reconditioned units I got in a trade. So I will need some pistons, rings, bearings and other odds and ends.

Now with that being said the build will be slowed due to me having to work 2 jobs and an up coming surgery that will have me unable to do things for a couple of weeks. I will push forward and make it happen. I will sell this one to someone, who knows maybe one of the guys on here will that keep blowing motor will want it... I'll post some pictures when I get home tonight from work.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...

Last edited by psinuse; 07-12-2011 at 08:19 AM. Reason: english mechanics are the suck....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-12-2011, 08:27 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
In before Kirt needs it.... hahaha

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3
#3 Old 07-12-2011, 10:29 AM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Kirt doesn't need the block, I do! I have 2 weeks left for my build and no bare block!
#4 Old 07-12-2011, 12:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by brfatal
Kirt doesn't need the block, I do! I have 2 weeks left for my build and no bare block!
So are looking for a STi block???

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#5 Old 07-12-2011, 01:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
I need one this week. I actually found one 5 hrs away, but I don't want to make that drive after work to get it....
#6 Old 07-12-2011, 01:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Oh come on. Where's it at ? Here ?

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3
#7 Old 07-12-2011, 02:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
I need one this week. I actually found one 5 hrs away, but I don't want to make that drive after work to get it....
Arrange to meet up half way and buy the guy dinner or something... That's what I did when I got my block I'm using in my build... Turned an 8 hour drive into 4.

-Chris
#8 Old 07-12-2011, 03:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
He lives further than that. He only wants to drive an hr away. I'm trying to get him to do an hr and a half. It'd be killer if he'd do half way.
#9 Old 07-12-2011, 03:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Ah... Seriously he could throw a sale away for 3 hours.

-Chris
#10 Old 07-12-2011, 05:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Paul, I don't need the block. Mine is already ordered. Justin can have it and it sounds like he needs one.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#11 Old 07-12-2011, 06:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

Well if any of you guys need this block let me know. I am going to take to the machine shop next week.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#12 Old 07-12-2011, 07:22 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
If I could convince the wife to let me get it and put it in when I blow my stock motor. But dont hold your breath on me.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#13 Old 07-12-2011, 08:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
If I could convince the wife to let me get it and put it in when I blow my stock motor. But dont hold your breath on me.
Well you could always just buy the shortblock off of me when it's done... I can hold my breathe from a pretty long time...

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#14 Old 07-12-2011, 09:40 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
I could buy it, have my Dad hold it for me, then just have him say he bought it for me, lol.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#15 Old 07-12-2011, 09:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
LOL...uh oh.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae