2.0 block bored out for 2.5 sti pistons.. Any thoughts?? - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 22 Old 05-24-2007, 01:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

BOO$TIN$UBY is an unknown
Well I found the darton sleeves for about 400 bones in bore sizes from 92mm to 100mm I would imagine the machining would be a few hundred dollars to have the stock liners bored out and the new sleeves pressed in. Then the extra material for the quadrants would be relatively cheap since they could be billet pieces of aluminum like the block I'm expecting to pay about 1000 dollars to get it completely prepped for the new pistons / head studs. I actually have two local shops in my phone book. When I get my lazy arse down there I'll let you guys know exactly what they will do the work for. I've been reading about the 2.35l / 2.3l custom engines with the new Garrett GT Ballistic series turbos (GT30R / GT35R / GT40R ) A GT30R would OWN on the street for 91 but I've also been reading that dealing with the little more lag from the GT35R is worth it in the top end...... I better not be in front of anyone when that thing goes to positive pressure + + what's a guy gotta do to make 4 black marks on the pavement?

Craig, Pilot of a 2002 WRX 5MT, aka "Wookie" :P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 Old 05-24-2007, 03:40 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
back away from the smileys...

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
post #18 of 22 Old 05-25-2007, 12:39 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOO$TIN$UBY View Post
what's a guy gotta do to make 4 black marks on the pavement?
Have a tranny and axles that dont mind the abuse and shock load that you would be sending them.
post #19 of 22 Old 05-25-2007, 10:32 AM
WRXtuners Member

BOO$TIN$UBY is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosc View Post
back away from the smileys...
Oh how I love people trying to tell me what to do... and yes it is very ironic that I'm going to use an icon give me a break man, are you the icon police?...

The drivetrain will be next but I didn't mention that since we were talking about the spare engine...

This is actually the first time I'm going to try something like this, so if there is another engine builder out there then maybe they can give us some pointers. I've heard of people running 20psi on the stock ej20 with upgraded pistons, rods, head bolts, head gaskets, and bearings. If that's the case then I could use the money allocated for the sleeves to just keep the bore size the same and buy the parts

Craig, Pilot of a 2002 WRX 5MT, aka "Wookie" :P
post #20 of 22 Old 03-09-2009, 06:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

djprodigy252 is an unknown
Hey what's up? I'm a little new to the whole forum thing. But I was reading one your post and you sound like you know what you're talking about. Have you ever heard of anyone bolting a 2.0 head on to a 2.5 sti short block.
post #21 of 22 Old 03-09-2009, 06:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

VD5505 is known to be trustworthy and helpful VD5505 is known to be trustworthy and helpful VD5505 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to VD5505 Send a message via MSN to VD5505
there are Hybrid threads all over on here and alot of people do that setup you will find on here which head gaskets to run and all that stuff, there are alot of great people on here, welcome to the site
post #22 of 22 Old 03-11-2009, 11:12 PM Thread Starter
WRXpert

LiL Shoaf is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to LiL Shoaf Send a message via Yahoo to LiL Shoaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by djprodigy252 View Post
Hey what's up? I'm a little new to the whole forum thing. But I was reading one your post and you sound like you know what you're talking about. Have you ever heard of anyone bolting a 2.0 head on to a 2.5 sti short block.
Yes I have heard of it, I'm running one..

02 WRX.. "It's fun when it runs.. Problem is that it hardly ever does..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement