Subaru WRX Forum banner

Interactive map of U.S. for members?

4K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  rety1-1 
#1 ·
Hey, I just had an interesting idea - would it be possible for someone to set up a map of the United States where whoever wanted to could fill out a small bit of information about where they're located (like me: 2007 WRX, Frederick, MD) and a little push pin would be installed at my exact location in the country that could be clicked on and bring up my public profile or if you scroll the mouse pointer over it, that little bit of information and maybe my avatar or a separate uploaded pic would show up? That way, if new or existing members might be looking for who might be close to them, it would be an easy way for them to search and network and stuff like that? Maybe it could be posted somewhere on our home page? I think it's a good idea since people throw up new threads asking if there are any members or clubs in their area occasionally. This way they could see where the majority of members are located and send the members close to them private messages or something instead of cluttering up the forums and probably not getting many responses. I don't know much about that kind of stuff or I'd look into it.

Anyway, what do you all think?

#7 ·
Yeah, I thought about that, but I think (1) the majority of the members on this site are located in the U.S., (2) a world map would be smaller and harder to see the pushpins, and (3) most of the people who seem to be interested in finding clubs/owners around them are in the continental U.S. Unless there's a way we can do a gradual zoom feature or something, I think out of simplicity's sake, it would probably be best to just go with a U.S. map for now.

The reason I thought of this was actually because of those stupid cell phone commercials between AT&T and Verizon about who has the better network with the most coverage in the U.S.

And thanks for looking VD5505. I have a chronic condition of lazy.

#6 ·
I have been looking for something like this for about 30 min now, I know what your talking about you can have one added to your page if you have like a blog spot and it views who has looked at your blog all around the world. I will keep looking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.