Subaru WRX Forum banner

New from Tampa, FL

5K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  Evil247 
#1 ·
Picked up a barely used Blue 2002 WRX Wagon a few weeks ago. Pics to follow. Looking for local tuners as I am about to add up pipe and downpipe. Car came with a CBExhaust, suspension and rims. I have restored the headlights and tinted the fog lights so far. Not new to imports but new to Subarus.

#8 ·
Is the the Howard Franklin bridge in the first picture? I'm originally from Clearwater, so I know that area pretty well.

Let me ask around I know a few people in that area that might be able to help you...

#11 ·
Evil247 said:
That is the Howard Franklin bridge in the background. Picture was taken near Ben T Davis beach on the causeway. Thanks!
I use to draaaa...have spirited driving on Cortney Campbell Causeway back in the 80's and at Sunshine Speedway back when it was still around.

p.s. Still waiting to hear back from a buddy that does Subaru's in Lakeland. It's a bit of a drive, but at the moment that's all I have.

I live in Ohio now. Would be a heck of a long drive for me, but thanks.

#14 ·
Anyone in the Tampa bay area have a Tactrix cable? I want to flash the latest revision of the ECM to try and get rid of what I think are phantom misfire codes. Timing has been checked, valve clearances should be correct as they were just checked and replaced.

Little update about the car. I had a cam gear break about a month ago. Threw the belt, bent valves. Not fun and my great deal of a car turned into a just an ok deal after the cost of repairs.

#16 ·
Motor was happy but transmission wasn't. It decided to grenade on Dec. 19th. Should have the car back today. I said to hell with it and went on vacation. Just got the transmission two weekends ago and they started on the car last Friday. This car hates me. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.